Yes everyone....I am a newbie LOL

Options
I am a mother of 3 always on the move, but cant seem to lose weight. I have gained just about 20 lbs since last year and have to shed the weight. I can not only see the differnce but also feel the effects of it physically, energy levels are low and I just feel heavy. I know I need motivation and believe that speaking with others and holding myself accountable would be the trick I need, a good friend of mine suggested this site to get started. Wish you all luck and health....lets get this started :)

Replies

• giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to be! Everyone is so supportive and not a judge among us. Stay vigilant and enjoy your journey.
  • recordmgmt
    Options
    I just joined myself and I am also a mother of 3!! I feel the same way you do but this has been a great place to get started for me. Hang in there!!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi this is a great place to be ,I am a mother of 4 still trying to lose the baby weight from number 1 and he is nearly 32 hahahahahahah .
  • DeeBee65
    DeeBee65 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi! I am new as well! Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way. I joined last week and am really enjoying it here. The food and exercise diary has been especially helpful. I have two kids (ages 14 and 6) and I am always on the go, yet I spend a lot of time sitting. I sit in the car while I drive to and from classes, clubs, sports, etc., the I sit and wait on them at the classes, clubs, sports, etc. As a mom, I find that one of the worst habits I've picked up since having kids is "cleaning up" after my kids. When they don't finish something on their plate, I finish it for them because it's not enough to put away but I don't want it to go to waste. I'm sure that a few of the extra pounds I've picked up are from that alone. I'm working on breaking that habit!
  • feelee30
    feelee30 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am so excited...so many responses so fast and everyone very encouraging.....we can do it ....all of us can :)......
  • mmmrisssa
    mmmrisssa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I've found it to be a GREAT help in losing weight and eating right :) Good luck!!!
  • feelee30
    feelee30 Posts: 5
    Options
    thanks alot