Can you change the calorie reset time? Working nights!

Options
For some reason I can't post in the technical questions section, so I'll post here:

I work nights so usually I wake up at about 3pm and my day is finished around 6 or 7am. However, it seems that every night at midnight (pretty much my lunchtime)a new day starts and my calories reset, which makes it very difficult to accurately track my calories! Is there any way to change this? Like make my 24 hrs begin at a different time?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    If you're using a computer, go to home then to settings. There will be a setting for changing time zones. Pick a time zone that matches when you want your day to begin.

(I don't use the app, but I assume there must be a tab or button for settings there as well)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The technical forum is archive only, which is why nobody can post in it.

Some people I've seen who work third shift will change their time zone so it reflects later and falls within their day. Others will log the day after they wake up.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I just log food when I eat it whatever meal/day it happens to fall on. After all that's the time I'm eating it. Your body doesn't magically reset so I don't know why people get so caught up on time. /shrug
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If you're using a computer, go to home then to settings. There will be a setting for changing time zones. Pick a time zone that matches when you want your day to begin.

(I don't use the app, but I assume there must be a tab or button for settings there as well)

This is amazingly clever!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    cant you just log it like normal? so you log dinner, then sleep till 3pm, then log breakfast and lunch before midnight.

but changing timezone seems good.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    I just log food when I eat it whatever meal/day it happens to fall on. After all that's the time I'm eating it. Your body doesn't magically reset so I don't know why people get so caught up on time. /shrug
    I'm guessing OP might be one of those people who eat to calorie goal and when the day resets, there's more calories available so they think they can eat more and then wonder why they aren't losing weight. May as well nip it before it becomes a problem.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    hekla90 wrote: »
    I'm guessing OP might be one of those people who eat to calorie goal and when the day resets, there's more calories available so they think they can eat more and then wonder why they aren't losing weight. May as well nip it before it becomes a problem.

Then click the back button and log it in the day before lol. Just because the day changes doesn't mean you can't log on the previous day. Fact is you are eating the food on a specific day even when midnight hits and it's a new day, so you do get new calories. I am not sure what you are saying because if you log the foods you eat when you actually eat them you can't really go over your calories. Would drive me crazy to have it inaccurately logged on the day I didn't actually eat it but each to their own.
  • ElisaJtsu
    ElisaJtsu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm also working nights and I just log food whenever I eat it, so everything after midnight will appear on the next day's diary. I've done this for weeks now and can't tell the difference.
  • mystgrl1604
    mystgrl1604 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I do days and nights so I'm a bit all over the place. I just log everything midnight to midnight, don't really care what meal it's in as long as the calories are logged in. Haha.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    I work nights (like right now), I keep the midnight to midnight times but changed my diary settings to read midnight-6A, 6A-noon, noo-6P, 6P-midnight. I just log things according to the time, rather than try to figure out if my food here at 2A is breakfast or dinner or what. Yes, the calories reset at midnight, I never saw the problem with it. It's a new day, just like with all the charting I'm stuck doing
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    How is this "hard" ?Track your calories when you eat them.