I'm really trying here

Options
Just wanted to say hi and I'm really trying this time as I'm hoping to have surgery later in the year, I've found this site really usefull so far and it's only 3 days lol, hope everyone is doing well and I will keep in touch with you and let you know what's going on, just need to find out how to change some of the weights of food ie cup, here to smaller or larger size, I'm sure I'll figure it out xx

Replies

• srschaffer1
    srschaffer1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you ever need help please feel free to look stuff up! You'd be surprised what can find over the internet! It isn't always about smaller sizes. It all starts at nutrition. You can say, I'm eating better because I only ate half of a fast food burger.' But is that burger providing you with everything that you need? No.

It all comes down to food.

It's hard to walk away from junk food, fast food because it's simple and easy. That was the hardest part for me at least. But now I don't touch the stuff because it gives me an upset stomach.

• ju1ie2026
    ju1ie2026 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm doing ok have lost just over a stone since April, as I'm trying to get ready for weight loss surgery, ( and it NOT the easy option that some people might think,) I have to try a liver shrinkage diet to see how I will cope when I have to do it for real for 2 weeks before surgery, and so this weekend is when I thought I would do it, I've tried one of the options today, slimfast 4 times today, and that is something I will NOT be using in my 2 week plan before surgery, it is revolting stuff how anyone would choose to take this stuff is beyond me, tomorrow its very small portions of food from a list, so will see how I go with that, I will let you know x
  • ju1ie2026
    ju1ie2026 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tried the other plan yesterday and apart from craving it went well so thats the one I think I will use as I can vary what I have with in reason (as long as its on the list) and eat as much veg or salad as I like again with in the plan, so now when I see the dietitian I can tell her how I got on. Im apprehensive about the surgery and know its going to be hard work but this weekend has given me an insight in to how tough it will be restricting my eating and dealing with the cravings, any how we will see xx