Started C25k

Options
I started the Couch to 5k program last night. I tried it once before and i fell off the boat so to speak, i went back to school and just didnt make time for it any more. I also began smoking again when i went back to school. So im going to complete it this time, and i quit smoking (hopefully for good) again. I did w1d1 yesterday and it felt awesome to get back on the road. The only discomfort i felt was the tops of my lungs feeling like they were on fire. However, no pain no gain. I finished the day and felt great. I am goin to do a new "day" every day, and if it becomes to much i will just repeat a day to build my stamina back up.

I will be continuing this thread as long as i am doing the program. If anyone else want to join in feel free, id love to hear about someone elses progress, it will help keep me motivated

Replies

• Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you do this.

I'm on the second week of the program, but because of some unfortunate events over the weekend, I don't have a working SmartPhone, so I'm having to do it without the encouragement of chimes and clocks and music. :(

So I've got a DVD on and watch, and I'm running on the treadmill. It's not as much fun as the app in some ways, but at least I'm going to stick it out until my SmartPhone gets fixed.
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just completed week5. The human body is an amazing thing - no way I would have been able to run for 20 minutes just a couple months ago. : ) Good Luck!!
  • omgsaleslady
    omgsaleslady Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I fell of the C25K wagon a few weeks back, and I'm back up to week 5 now. Also a former smoker...and now just one on a night out ruins my game! Good for you, getting back on the program!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    I just got done with W8D2 about 20 mins ago. I was not a runner at all before the program! It's awesome!! Those first couple weeks, the walking intervals couldn't come soon enough!! Now I'm able to run a full 30+ mins and feel just fine during and after!!! It's a great sense of accomplishment!! Good luck with it!!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting back into the game! I went through C25K last fall and loved it! I just ran my first 10K a couple of weeks ago before we moved and I managed to break my toe. Now I'm waiting for that to heal so that I can hit the road again. God bless!
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    did day 2 this morning and i feel good. i am doing a 5k race for charity in 6 weeks and i hope to jog not walk. fingered crossed.
  • wildside79
    wildside79 Posts: 46
    Options
    former smoker as well and just did W6D1 yesterday. Its a good program, two years ago when I tried running again I ended up with shin splints that lasted over a month and made no progress. This time I seem to be getting somewhere. Keep it up.
  • Psialpha297
    Psialpha297 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Did W1D2 yesterday. Ive noticed when i begin a running routine that the first day goes fine, and then i get to day two. Its like my body accepts the abuse from day one as a one time thing, but as soon as i started my warm up for day two i could feel my body saying, nuh uh, not again.... o well. No pain no gain. I switched up my route and covered more ground in the same amount of time as day 1. I think i was running harder because my body was protesting.... aah well. Kayaking tonight, then W1D3
  • Psialpha297
    Options
    I Finished week 1 last night, ir ran at 9 or so. It felt awesome. I might be running a little fast on the run intervals, but time will tell =]
  • Psialpha297
    Options
    So after a full week off i was at it again. Both last night and the night before i ran W2D2-3 and i feel great. I am taking tonight off because its leg day in th gym and my calves are a little tight. I will complete W3D1 on thursday, hopefully with the ole' ball and chain in tow =]
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I remember when I could run...haha. Time to get back to that.

I'm starting tonight!