lots of ground beef, no stove, no oven...what to do??

Options
So here's the deal...

I've decided that for the week I'm going to make dinner because, well, I want to eat healthy. I'm wanting to lose weight and get back to where I was in high school. I am highly motivated today..but that will probably change tomorrow. So hopefully myfitnesspal will help! :-)

But anyway, my family just bought a quarter cow and most of it came in ground beef and currently we don't have an oven or stove...huge ordeal that isn't necessary, just know I'll have to use a grill or a slow cooker. I'm kind of sick of burgers so I know that's an option, but not really. Anyone have ideas about what I can make for my family tonight that will be healthy, use ground beef, and be made on a grill or slow cooker? ALSO, my dad is a fairly picky eater...so I should consider that when I'm meal planning.

THANKS!

Replies

• sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Options
    You could use the slow cooker to make up some bolognase style sauce or cook up the beef with some onions, carrots, peas and stock (thicken up at the end) to make a cottage pie. You could make a chilli, vary the ingredients to make it a taco style filling. Just be aware of what you are putting with it; mash and spagetti in smaller portions and bulk up with veg or salad.

Good luck
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    There is an old family tradition we call hobo dinners--Take some aluminum foil, put your hamburger, carrots, potatoes, onions or any other vegetables in you want, some seasonings, and some low sodium butter in the foil, wrap it up tight and throw it on the grill or as we use to do it campfire and cook for about 20 minutes or so, makes a delicious meal.
  • PJRock7
    PJRock7 Posts: 10
    Options
    Got a lighter?
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do chili and pasta sauces in the slow cooker. You could also do a ground beef version of stroganoff. And there are lots of variations on meatballs that can be done too (in marinara, in teriyaki sauce, in a brown gravy sort of Swedish style, Albondigas (a Mexican meatball soup)). You could do mini-meatloaves wrapped in foil on the grill. You could make kefta kebabs, also on the grill.