70lbs to lose..I need someone to kick me in the butt!

Lol I could not think of how else to name my discussion post but here it is:
I am PURE lazy. :( I am 23, pushing 220 at 5'8, and I always plan clean eating and workouts and then I run to the kitchen for a twinkie and all hope is lost. I want to do better and I need the proper friends to help. I log in daily, and I talk ALOT so if you don't like much interaction on your page, you might not wanna add me :smiley:
I am a FT student and FT employee and so eating right and finding time to workout is difficult, but I am willing to make the change. I just want some accountability for when I slack and I also want friends I can help kick back into gear.
I date the most sweetest man, but of course he can eat 2000cals a day and still weighs 160. I am tired of the being the fluffy girlfriend! Help me lose, people! :) Where is my motivation at? Just add me as I always have trouble finding my threads again haha

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    First get rid of the twinkies and their cousins.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Sorry, the rest of my message did not post. We cannot kick u in the butt and motivate u. U must do this for urself. U must DECIDE you are going to do this, lay out a plan as discussed in thousands of posts here on MFP, and follow it. Don't worry about motivation. I saw a good quote this week: Discipline leads to motivation. Good luck.
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Plump2FitPanaQT Posts: 121 Member
    :(:(:( I'm in the same boat girl...the struggle is real!!! I get all gung-ho about it and then certain foods just do something to me and it all goes out the window!!! :'( I'm ready this time (fingers crossed) and need all the motivation/support I can get. Failure is not an option this time..my mind is set!! It's NEVER easy but ALWAYS worth it!! ;);) I'll add you too so we can motivate each other!!
  • michelepiper940
    michelepiper940 Posts: 29 Member
    edited August 2015
    I am also 5 ft 8 and I'm in the low 160s. You will need to keep trigger foods like twinkies out of the house.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    You don't need to get rid of the twinkies. Moderation is key. I'd go crazy and quit without my favourite treat foods.
  • mpbroadnax
    mpbroadnax Posts: 6 Member
    It's mind over matter. You can do it.... Just start. One day at a time. Set realistic goals and build from there. The first goal is NO twinkies. You will be surprised at what you have accomplished.
  • dtorres68
    dtorres68 Posts: 3 Member
    I disagree. If it is in the house and I have a moment of weakness, I am more likely to eat the Twinkies and all the cousins! I too am lazy!!! I hate cooking, but glass half full, I am also too lazy to go to a store or drive thru if I have any food at all at home. Yesterday I ate a bag of fresh cherries to avoid making a real lunch.

I am an RN and can go to work and run all day till I'm physically exhausted, so I think sometimes we have selective laziness. I hate cooking. So now I am trying to work with my laziness. I watch TV (on my phone/iPad) while I cut veggies and fruit for the week. I also made a list of acceptable lunches/snacks for work. In a one hour program I can cut enough produce for the week. Then I have to eat it before my reward at the end of the week. If I bribe myself with TV to prep, rewards to eat the veggies I snack less on crap. If it's not in the house, elven less. Seems to be working so far.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    If you're LAZY, only you can change it. One main reason people get "lazy" with exercise and diet is because they either aren't disciplined to do it, or they're doing an exercise or diet program they can't live with. That's always going to be trial and error. What works for some, may not work for others, but IF you're really COMMITTED to doing this, then you'll find a way.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png