Best Weight Loss Tips!

Options
2»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Low carb reduces cravings, improves health, and makes weight loss easier. That advice worked for me.

... and in the first week of low carb, don't have treats in the house. LOL
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Pre-log. Yup.

I also weigh calorie-dense food and load up on veggies, but i don't always weigh the low-cal veggies. Almost never would be more accurate, i guess.

And if i just want to eat everything in sight, I'll get a bag of low calorie hard candy, which can 51st forever to eat, so i can't just mindlessly stuff my face, lol
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda to curb sugar cravings and the carbonation fills me up (more so than just plain water would).

I also pre-log. I also, pre-portion out meals as soon I as I finish cooking something. Packing and putting away the leftovers stops any second helpings.

When I can, I postpone my dinner to eliminate my evening snack. My dinner becomes my evening snack, which saves me several hundred calories!

• GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good days, bad days. Good weeks, bad weeks. Etc. Never ever ever give up.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I know that there is not "secret" to weight loss and that it's only a matter of calories in/ calories out, but I was wondering if everyone who has a tip or two, wouldn't mind posting their favorite one here!

Eat at a calorie deficit.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    1. get a digital food scale and weigh all your foods.
    2. realize that there are no good or bad foods. Yes, you should eat nutrient dense foods, but there is nothing wrong with eating ice cream, cookies, pizza, as long as it fits into your calorie/macro/micro targets for the day.
    3. Log everything that your eat
    4. Try to be as accurate as possible; however, realize that there are going to be times when you go out to dinner, have a party, go on vacation, etc, that you cannot be accurate and that is OK.
    5. make sure you use correct MFP database entries
    6. don't eat back 100% of exercise calories because most estimates are off on the high side
    at the end of the day it comes down to CICO.

And this.
  • Homemaker57
    Homemaker57 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You dont need to weigh every single bite IF you know the total and will eat it over several days. For example i make quinoa in a portion of four servings. I weigh the initial lot, then I log 0.25 of that each of four times that I eat it. It doesn't matter if
    I ate exactly 0.25 each time. Maybe i guessed poorly and ended up eating 0.3/0.3/0.2/0.2. It evens out over the course of four days and ends up correct.

I do that with ice cream pints too. If I'm going to eat it in three sittings I'll log a third each time and call it good.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Learn about food.

Learn that food has many more attributes other than the caloric value.

Thinking CICO only is a very very simple way to look at your eating strategy. Too simple.

So start simple and learn more about how exercise, protein, carbs, and things like drinking 2 Cokes a day effect you.

Start simple and build up a set of tools to use. Learn exercises, nutrition, and how your body responds to those things.

It may be your first week. But it is the first week of a lifelong journey.
  • in2cakes
    in2cakes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There is such thing as bad calories. Eating one cup of fresh vegetables is not the same as eating one cup of fried foods. Eating as many fruits and vegetables as you can and not eating processed or deep-fried foods is the best. Calorie restricting is the best way to lose weight.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    in2cakes wrote: »
    There is such thing as bad calories. Eating one cup of fresh vegetables is not the same as eating one cup of fried foods. Eating as many fruits and vegetables as you can and not eating processed or deep-fried foods is the best. Calorie restricting is the best way to lose weight.

sorry, that is wrong. There are bad diets, but not bad foods.

100 calories of vegetables = 100 calories of fired foods from an energy perspective; however, they are not the same nutritionally.
  • initialsdeebee
    initialsdeebee Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    For me it was accepting that walking can be just as good or better than running everyday. I was always an exercise type and in the past tried to rely too heavily on long intense cardio. I still enjoy and value that for over all fitness but for weightloss I've learned that walking and more moderate activity like that can be better for me. It burns calories without causing the intense hunger that long runs can. Even when adding back those calories, I've found it's often harder to stay within my limit when I've gone running,
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options

Yep.

There are lots of mystery ingredients and salt in 500 calories of mystery meat sausage. You won't get that in 500 calories of a natural food like chicken and veggies.

Absolutely agree. I draw that line when considering the minimum acceptable calorie quality I'm willing to eat.

For some that does not matter at all. I don't quite understand why it does not but I also don't get the Clean Eating extreme group.

At the end of the day I find what works for me. Calorie count and limiting ground up floor sweepings added to mystery meat works for me.

You know there is some weird stuff in there when you bite the hunk of gristle and makes a strange crunching sound....

Pass...
  • VeganKay92
    VeganKay92 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of fruits and veggies !
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Yep.

There are lots of mystery ingredients and salt in 500 calories of mystery meat sausage. You won't get that in 500 calories of a natural food like chicken and veggies.

Absolutely agree. I draw that line when considering the minimum acceptable calorie quality I'm willing to eat.

For some that does not matter at all. I don't quite understand why it does not but I also don't get the Clean Eating extreme group.

At the end of the day I find what works for me. Calorie count and limiting ground up floor sweepings added to mystery meat works for me.

You know there is some weird stuff in there when you bite the hunk of gristle and makes a strange crunching sound....

Pass...

yea, sorry but 500 calories of mystery meat = 500 calories of chicken and vegetables from an energy standpoint; however, they are not nutritionally the same.

I dont understand why that is such a hard concept to grasp.

gristle is typically just fat….