What motivates you?

Options
Guruadish
Guruadish Posts: 18 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Guys can you share what motivates you for weight loss? Like what keeps you motivated daily to eat healthy, go to gym and basically move your *kitten* and get your mind into fitness? Please share a pic or quote or a technique you use to stay motivated.

Replies

• Guruadish
    Options
    I had joined the website 2 years back and still in same weight range because i didnt change anything about me. except am eating healthy. But zero metabolism.

This is my favorite quote
    "Where there is a will, there is a way"

I think i lack the will :persevere:
  • ks1069
    ks1069 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting back up again from a three year depression and three years of eating bad and no exercise! What finally motivated me was that how out of control my weight gain has been and that my body hurts and I am sick of not liking how I look! Life is too short and days turn into months and months turn into years! No more though! I see people that have disabilities and stay motivated/persevere through.....I know depression is real and so is food addiction, but giving into it only makes it worse. I am using this site as a motivation and also anytime I feel lazy or if I want to give into a craving, I look at a picture I just took of myself to remind me of my weakness and it snaps me into reality!
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    My motivation is wanting to be the best me I can be. That certainly doesn't mean perfect. I am far from that.

I enjoy challenges. And it is very rewarding to write down a goal one day, and be able to come back and mark off the challenge as being completed later on.

Each and every day, we all make choices in our lives. And many of those choices we don't really give a second thought to, because we know that they are important. Getting fit (or not) is no different.

If you want to better your life in whatever way, and not as a means to try and pick up girls all the time, or some other superficial motive, you will take action.

The reason many people fail on their particular journey in life, is because they are going about it for the wrong reasons.
  • Keithy9
    Keithy9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Anger is an energy, that's my motivation
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My get up and go has usually got up and pissed off without me. My motivation usually comes from a memory of a conversation I had with a friend a while ago where quite a few times we had both said 'I wish I started that ages ago, it would be done by now', I don't want to be saying that in the future about my health and level of fitness. The sooner it's started, the sooner I'll be happier with myself. :smile:
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I have no motivation. I've managed to lose 68 pounds through habits. I'm not motivated to brush my teeth or shower either, y'know?
  • lattyse
    lattyse Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My motivation is I'm SICK of not being able to get up and enjoy my children. Also, I see them leading in my footsteps and I don't want to see them living life overweight!
  • Guruadish
    Options
    Mytydyam wrote: »
    I'm just starting back up again from a three year depression and three years of eating bad and no exercise! What finally motivated me was that how out of control my weight gain has been and that my body hurts and I am sick of not liking how I look! Life is too short and days turn into months and months turn into years! No more though! I see people that have disabilities and stay motivated/persevere through.....I know depression is real and so is food addiction, but giving into it only makes it worse. I am using this site as a motivation and also anytime I feel lazy or if I want to give into a craving, I look at a picture I just took of myself to remind me of my weakness and it snaps me into reality!

I hear you buddy, totally on same page with you! Thanks for sharing your wisdom.
  • Guruadish
    Options
    Keithy9 wrote: »
    Anger is an energy, that's my motivation

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
  • Guruadish
    Options
    KeepGood wrote: »
    My get up and go has usually got up and pissed off without me. My motivation usually comes from a memory of a conversation I had with a friend a while ago where quite a few times we had both said 'I wish I started that ages ago, it would be done by now', I don't want to be saying that in the future about my health and level of fitness. The sooner it's started, the sooner I'll be happier with myself. :smile:

Damn, am sure all of us had such conversations. Should put this on my wall. Thanks for sharing :)
  • Guruadish
    Options
    I have no motivation. I've managed to lose 68 pounds through habits. I'm not motivated to brush my teeth or shower either, y'know?

or rather discipline? just WoW!
  • Guruadish
    Options
    lattyse wrote: »
    My motivation is I'm SICK of not being able to get up and enjoy my children. Also, I see them leading in my footsteps and I don't want to see them living life overweight!

Love this! Thank you. :smile:
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Guruadish wrote: »

or rather discipline? just WoW!

Discipline? i guess. But if you make it a habit to log everything, to buy and eat better food, to get a certain number of steps, or to work out even when you don't feel like it, things will fall into place.
  • __KailahBooBoo___
    __KailahBooBoo___ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think about how all these fit people get the most attention, not only that but how good they look too and how much energy they are able to exert vs someone who is not in shape. That is what motivates me. I want to feel good, energized, happy, and I want to be in shape! #TeamFitness!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I want to achieve a six-pack without having to do this:

f4x07ctljd2c.jpg
  • Exercisewoman
    Exercisewoman Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think what motivates me is knowing that I can get back into shape like I used to be. Being slim and fit most of my life. So I know I can do this. I just need patience. I'm very motivated and live exercise. I've had to accept that I can't do some of the things I used to really love through injuries I have, so acceptance had been a key factor.
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    I want to achieve a six-pack without having to do this:

f4x07ctljd2c.jpg

• Cup_
    Cup_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I found motivation to makes changes for myself by watching family members lose their health by being inactive as well as eating/drinking in excess. So, first I created new habits in healthy eating. Once I had that down, I introduced daily exercise.

What keeps me motivated now is how different I feel since making these changes. A quote I related to: "I am sick and tired of being sick and tired."