"You're fat Mommy"

Options
I can't begin to count the number of time's I've been on MFP, had success, and fell off the wagon. It's been probably about a year since I've last logged on. Yesterday I had a massive slap in the face. My 7 year old told me I could be a good villain because I'm fat. That hurt....big time! I remember when being his age and being embarrassed when my mother would come to school functions because she was fat. I don't want my son to be embarrassed to be seen with me because I'm fat. So, here I am again with more motivation this time, looking for some new support.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,569 Member
    Options
    Gotta love kids. They tell it like it is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Aww, sorry - that's got to be tough.
    Good luck with your plan :)
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I'm on MFP pretty much every day and am happy to be supportive. See an active news feed and sharing this experience with others motivates me.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Kids don't hold back. They call it as they see it. Sometimes that can really hurt. Sometimes it can be a powerful motivator. You can do this! Welcome back and this time make it stick!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I teach pre-school aged kids and before I started losing, one of the kids was playing with my arm fat one day saying "You're so mushy!" and other interesting things. Yeah, they don't hold back.
  • JennyAmi2012
    JennyAmi2012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think it's the slap I needed. I've known I put all my weight back on. The pants that used to be big are beginning to be snug. I'd like to blame it all on the dryer and the closet gnomes that shrink clothes, buuuut I can't....
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Kids can be brutal without intending.
    I have 5, and I have heard it all, including how fat I was. WELCOME BACK!

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I know how badly that hurts.I remember going through that . the good news is, your here now and know you have to make some changes. You can do this! Stick around :smile:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    made me lol. tough audience. Might I suggest you formulate a second plan as to why you keep regaining and going back to old ways so you dont repeat yourself.
  • Bombon15
    Bombon15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I too am getting back on the wagon...how do people manage to stay on track?
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Mine used to call me squishy. They're honest little buggers, but yeah, it motivates for change. Now, I'm no long squishy, but just a little mushy. LOL Baby steps! Wishing you the best on your journey!
  • racheldavis307
    racheldavis307 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm so with you. I'm making a 100% committed effort as of tomorrow. My youngest daughter turned 3 on Thursday and I'm that whole 3 years I've been standing to the side only dreaming about what it'll be like when I can get involved, go on the slide, ride the horse, climb the wall, bounce on the castle, play on the soft play equipment... And before I know it she'll be grown up, along with my 8 year old, and I would've missed the chance... Good luck x I'll update tomorrow :)
  • letsdothis511
    letsdothis511 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You are not a nice moderator.
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Bctyummum
    Bctyummum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know your pain, my son told me I have a big tummy & a fat bum. Good luck xx
  • bringon30
    bringon30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You are not a nice moderator.
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

What was "not nice" about that?
  • bringon30
    bringon30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids, and from the time they can form sentences until they get to that age where they can understand the old, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" mantra, you really need thick skin. Who am I kidding? You need thick skin to raise kids at any age! I'm glad you're back, OP. I'd like to add you as a friend.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Ouch! At least female villains often have really fabulous outfits?
    pzor9ruc1mub.jpg

You've done this before, you know what to do - you can do this!
  • Kagemori
    Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yea, my neighbor's kid is autistic and even though she's at the age where she should know better she doesn't always understand that even though she's being honest her words can still hurt people's feelings.
    One day she was rubbing on me and hugging on me and chattering away about nonsense she made the comment "you can't run or play because your to fat"

Brutal but true, all I could do was laugh cause I know she doesn't mean anything by it.
    Id be happy to add you and provide motivation and support!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    My nephew asked "how fat I was" -_-
    It was annoying especially since I'm skinnier than I used to be
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Kids do not always tell it like it is... my 3 year old tells me how big my butt is every day and I wear a size 0/2.
    In a 3-year-old's eyes, anything bigger than they are is "BIG!!"