27 days in, 11 lbs gone - it's time to say hello!

Options
Seeing as I've stuck around and found MFP to be the sanest way to manage my weight loss, I thought it'd be good to take the plunge and join the community. It'll be harder to quit if I get addicted to the forums!

So yeah - hi, I'm Leena from Finland. I'm 26 years old. I've been obese and depressed for most of my life - it's only in the last few years that I've realised how much I've changed. I'm not the shy little girl getting bullied anymore - not the awkward fat kid nobody wants to talk with. I've matured, and the old wounds have healed.

I think it's only after I learnt to love myself a little that I found the willpower to look after my health. I'm an awesome person, it's time to stop hiding behind all this fat and enjoy life!

I consider losing weight and looking after my health fun. It's all a bit like playing a game with MFP, planning meals, filling my daily calories and keeping my macros in check. Or maybe the years of depression have really made me go more crazy than I thought? Eh, whatever. I'm going to enjoy winning. B)

Replies

• bussyfeso
    bussyfeso Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome dear. Great mindset
  • AuntieAnon
    AuntieAnon Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm hoping said mindset will keep despite the rough patches I'm sure are still ahead. Gotta persevere!
  • melissaalmers
    melissaalmers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like you've come very far! I have been struggling with my weight over half my life now and I'm 34. This is my second time with MFP and I'm feeling really good about it. Just feels different, so hoping that means something. Good luck to you!!!