Slim in 6

Options
I'm starting this program (doing it in conjunction with some other things I am already doing) on June 1 and was wondering if anyone else out there is either doing the program or getting ready to start it. Debating whether it's worth creating a group here on MFP or not. Thought we could have some accountability, share recipes, suggest modifications, etc.

Replies

• AngieLynnG
    AngieLynnG Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi SatiaRenee! I am starting slim in 6 and would love to start a challenge group on here or a closed facebook page - would you be interested?
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @AngieLynnG Unfortunately, I posted this back in May and I've already finished Slim in 6. I've moved onto two other programs: Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution and Chalene Johnson's PiYo. There's probably room for a group here on MFP but I won't be doing the program again until 2016 after I've done a few other programs (Focus T25, Brazil Butt Lift, Body Beast, and/or Tai Cheng).
  • _ankylosaurus_
    _ankylosaurus_ Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know this an older post, but OP...what did you think of the program?
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @_ankylosaurus_ I think it's a good program for beginners. I know that the schedule has you doing the same workout six days out of the week. I don't think this is a good idea. Working the muscles, day after day, in the same manner, puts undue strain on them. So I modified the schedule.

The program comes with 3 dics with bonus workouts. So on M/W/F, I did the workout. On T/Th/Sa, I did the bonus workouts. The workouts get progressively more challenging and last longer. The first workout lasts about 30 minutes, the second around 45, and the third an hour. If you don't have an hour for exercise, you'll have a problem with scheduling in the workouts the final 2 weeks.

I would definitely recommend these DVDs for beginners or someone who wants a low-impact workout that won't be too challenging. I took these with me on vacation and they were perfect. If you consider yourself fit and comfortable with working out, I would recommend 21 Day Fix. It depends on your fitness level and personal needs. Having these workouts with me on vacation was great and I can see myself using them when I need to back off and take it easy on myself.