green tea to aid weight loss?

Options
hi. I have heard drinking 3-4 cups a day can help aid weight loss with diet and exercise. is this right? I have hard it helps your metabolism some how.

Replies

• chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    It's not a miracle method but can help with cravings etc. At the end of the day it's all about calories in calories out.

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, it does not help your metabolism. It may help with hydration a little but that's about it. Eating at a deficit is much better.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    myaminals wrote: »
    hi. I have heard drinking 3-4 cups a day can help aid weight loss with diet and exercise. is this right? I have hard it helps your metabolism some how.
    The caffeine speeds metabolism a bit, sure, but the major results will still be derived from diet and exercise.

I love green tea and brew a pitcher every day, and I also stick to my goals with food intake and training. .
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tips everyone! I didn't know if I should try to add it in with the diet and exercise. Pinnacle_IAO does this mean any tea without sugar would have the same effect?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's great to quench ones thirst, but there is no magical properties in.
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Green tea is high in EGCG, which is what all the hype is about, It's benefits are controversial so I recommend do your on research and decide for yourself.
  • linzi02
    linzi02 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would say it helps me lose weight as I will substitute tea/coffee with milk for green tea which I guess means less calories! But as for the suggestion that it increase metabolism etc I don't know if there is much truth in it. I do love my green tea though, always spending my pennies on new exciting flavours :smiley:
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea because I like it and sometimes use it in place of coffee. The studies I did read that focused on weight loss really weren't that impressive. At most, it might increase losses by 4% per year but you'd have to drink buckets a day to see that, if it even does at all. To me, that's not enough to justify it.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea because I love it. Drink it as a beverage. Anything that says drink or eat this to lose weight is total bunk!
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea daily, it has not helped me lose weight. It is delicious and an enjoyable drink though.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea every day, without any sugar, as an alternative to plain water.
    I do not believe it helps weight loss by itself.
    You have to eat at a deficit to lose weight, period
    Good luck in your healthy journey