First time mom wanting to be back in shape

Options
Hey there,

I'm 26 years old and recovered from an eating disorder in my early years. I just had a little girl in June and am back down to my pre pregnancy weight 195. However I want to be healthy and active with my daughter and am looking to get down to 140-135. Any one out there want to join me on my journey. Just looking to make some friends who can help me stay motivated every day so I can do this the right way.

Replies

• ifyouonlyknew1492
    ifyouonlyknew1492 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm a FTM as well and started my journey this January so I completely understand. I was logging my food/excercise for awhile as we had a challenge going on, but since June I haven't been religious with working out. :( I've lost about 15 lbs and looking to get back on track to maintain.
    I'm aiming to start back up tomorrow with everything so feel free to add me if you want.
    One thing I did immediately was cut down my sugar in take. This was hard for me as I love a ton of sugar in my coffee, but cut way back on it and lost 5 lbs pretty quick. I wasn't much of a pop drinker but that helped too. I am now down to 2 teaspoons of sugar in my travel mug.
  • ifyouonlyknew1492
    ifyouonlyknew1492 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Rats! It didn't post everything I wrote. :(
    I'll try to summarize....lots of fruits/veggies and excercise.
    You can do this!
  • jmb_mann
    jmb_mann Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 27 first time mom (my son was born 4 months ago) and I also am in recovery from eating disorder when I was younger. I was 190 pre pregnancy and lost that and am at 177 now. I would love to chat and motivate each other. It sounds like we have a lot of similarities
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I had my second baby 13 weeks ago. I started out at 13st 4lbs (about 186lbs) and so far I've lost 15lbs. I'm back to the weight I was before I fell pregnant, but I have about another 20 pounds or so to lose to get back to where I was when I fell pregnant with my first baby!

I'm very focused on doing this in a sensible way I can maintain. I'm tired of constantly yo-yoing. I am only eating and exercising in a way I feel I can maintain forever, which will mean a slow weight loss. But I'm more likely to keep it off.
  • melholmes80
    melholmes80 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mom to a super active 5yr old boy. Trying to match his activity level was one of my reasons to start this journey. Im 5'11" and started at 230lbs and I'm now 185, with 15 left to go. As of this morning I have lost the equivalent of the weight of my son
  • melholmes80
    Options
    Argh! Cut me off! I started slow with walking and increased to running, I do my best to stay with in my calorie goal. My goal is to reach my pre-pregnancy weight of 170lbs. I'll send you a friend request, let's do this together!
  • lolamud4
    lolamud4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm in the same place! Ftm had my beautiful son in June currently 180 (have lost 35 so far!) but have 30-35 to get to PP weight. We can do it together!!
  • wishiwasskinny24
    wishiwasskinny24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I sent everyone a friend request!
  • michelkkennedy
    michelkkennedy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4 here... my advice... breast feed as long as you can. Find some little 5 min excersise you can do 10x a day around the house. Especially floor stuff as the little ones play on the floor next to you. And what ever you do do not snack off their plates and foods as they go through the toddler years.... no those last two chicken nuggets do not have to be yours. You are not the family garbage disposal. Haha.
  • melholmes80
    Options
    Mom of 4 here... my advice... breast feed as long as you can. Find some little 5 min excersise you can do 10x a day around the house. Especially floor stuff as the little ones play on the floor next to you. And what ever you do do not snack off their plates and foods as they go through the toddler years.... no those last two chicken nuggets do not have to be yours. You are not the family garbage disposal. Haha.

Omg that was my downfall! I put in all of my weight snacking off my sons plate. Couldn't stop thinking "well. I hate to waste it" I should have known better, gained 70 lbs eating puffed rice and chicken nuggets lol