Embrace Yourself?

Options
How can I feel like I'm beautiful when there is such a high standard? I've never been satisfied with my image regardless at my best look or weight. :( Now I'm just sinking to bottom like literally big butt

Replies

• leanlicorice
    leanlicorice Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I look at photos of myself at a heathy weight and remember how fat and ugly I felt. Why?! It makes no sense.

What I have learned is that you need to decide how you will value yourself. If it is based solely on image, then it is guaranteed that you will be dissatisfied.

Try thinking about the people you love and admire in your life and the reasons why. I am sure that you will list features such as kindness, genorisity, intelligence, etc - non-beauty based.

Next think about who you are and aspire to be and make a decision on your self-value.

All the best.
  • kiki_anitoni
    kiki_anitoni Posts: 40 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I remember being 40 lighter and still not feeling satisfied with myself. I think it's a reminder that we have to take care of our bodies and our minds. Things may suck right now, but stick to your goals and be proud of the accomplishments you've made.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    High standard of beauty? Where? In the media? Why do you care what magazine editors and news reporters think?
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I watched a TV show on the Victorias secrets swimsuit shoot. One model commented that she had been training for this shoot for 3 months beforehand! 3 MONTHS! - and she was already young, slim & beautiful. Plus on top of that she had a stylist, make-up artist, body make-up, photographer (carefully selected shots), and airbrushing

- so please bear this in mind when holding yourself up against such unrealistic standards of beauty. Be kind to to yourself. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sweet_t530 wrote: »
    How can I feel like I'm beautiful when there is such a high standard? I've never been satisfied with my image regardless at my best look or weight. :( Now I'm just sinking to bottom like literally big butt

you make your own standard. its only high because you make it high?
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Easy to say, hard to do but don't let others control how you feel. Be kind to yourself and feel good about the positives in your life.
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I look at photos of myself at a heathy weight and remember how fat and ugly I felt. Why?! It makes no sense.

OP, Count me in too and leanlicorice!! I can totally relate. I wish I could get my teenage body back-the one that i hated and wanted to destroy :( You never know what you got until it's gone ;(