Is anyone carb cycling? I need help with my meal plans

Options
I have been following a slight version of carb cycling for the past month and have lost 17lbs. I would like to stick to a strict carb cycling plan, but I am having trouble planning my meals. I would appreciate any suggestions for both low carb and high carb meal plans. I have a lot of weight to lose and want to get started right away.

Replies

• TiaGia101
    TiaGia101 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What is carb cycling?
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I heard and tried it did days of 60 carbs then days of 200.

I found it to be hokum.

Keeping calories under control worked better

I do increase carbs for long duration cardio. That is not cycling of itself, more like feeing the machine.

I am now lower To moderate carb with an eye on total calories.

I like a good 7-10 hours of cardio per week.

Hope you find what works for you. Lots of options out there!
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    If i remember correctly you increase protein on low carb days? If yes, simply increase meat and reduce carbs on those days. If you're on 60g probably want to stick to veggies as your primary carb source those days. On higher days incorporate fruit and starchy carbs back into your diet.

You could always just calorie cycle instead if you like the style but are struggling with the macro requirements. Just have lower days and higher days and eat what you want within your calories.
  • kygirlalways850
    kygirlalways850 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My trainer has me on carb cycling. My weight loss has stalled and hopefully this will get it moving again. She wrote me out meal plans for each. You can add me as a friend if you want.
  • audrahawkins78
    audrahawkins78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks kygirlalways850! I have tried to come up with a meal plan for this week on my own, but for some reason I find this to be pretty complicated. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Audra, congratulations on your weight loss. :D

I don't carb cycle but there is probably a group here that discusses this. If you do a search in groups you might find one. Good luck. :)