Working night shifts x

Options
how do you cope on nights

Replies

• hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I don't cope, I manage like any other shift. I bring food that fits into my calories and eat it on my break at work.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I keep a food scale on my desk, and weigh all my food and log it all. I'd do this if I were working days, too :)
  • apm88
    apm88 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll eat a smoothie and coffee and whatnot when I wake up, grab another coffee in my mug on my way out to work, and then bring a lunch/dinner. A couple fruits, healthy snacks, and my waterbottle come in very handy when I get bored! Every hour I have to walk throughout the building when I myself am on nights, and will sometimes do it twice an hour if I am getting restless/tired/sore, etc!
  • mrsannachambers
    mrsannachambers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    128bca96a2lb.jpg
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I get off work at 7am and go to sleep by 8am. Wake up by 3pm and start my day and also my logging. But I meal prep and pre log a lot so that's how I stay on track.
  • cooper087
    cooper087 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I count my calories and activities over a 24 hour period; from 7am to 7 am the next morning. I have meals with my family during the day and usually sleep for a few hours at a time. I take to work for my 12 hour shift my snack items for the day and usually total 300-400 calories. It's too complicated trying to figure out my calories on days off when my days run together. This has worked well for me. I drink the majority of my water intake while at work, too.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I log midnight to midnight.

Finish work at 7, go home eat breakfast with my daughter, then go to bed around 9 am.
    Get up at 4ish, have a small snack.
    Eat dinner at normal time (6-7 pm)
    Small snack at 10 pm before work.
    Break at 3:30ish am. Have something like greek yoghurt with berries and granola or veggies and hummus. I can't eat a lot in the middle of the night.
    Repeat.

Once a week a figure in a snack sized bag of chips, and a breakfast sandwich with bacon after my last night shift of the week. I have crappy willpower in the middle of the night, and knowing I have a treat factored in on Wednesday means I don't buy chips every night.