Any women around 5'3" and 135 lb? What's your everyday diet an exercise look like?

Options
Bit of an odd request, but are there any women out there around 5'3" and 135lb that wouldn't mind me taking a peek at your diary? 135lb is my goal weight and I'd like to know what someone's everyday diet and exercise looks like at that weight. I know every diary will be different, I'm just interested to know what y'all eat and do for exercise :smile:

Also, if anyone is '53" and weighs around 150lb (my current weight) and is trying to get to around 135lb, please feel free to add me as a friend (please include a message in all friend requests), would love to share this journey with you.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" and currently fluctuating 130-132 lbs.
    I don't log my exercise on MFP (that's what my Fitbit is for), but I'll tell you about it.

Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 (ICF 5x5) MWF (or MWS depending on if Friday or Saturday works better for getting to the gym)
    Cardio 2-3 x a week for 45-75 mins (occasionally running, but mostly walking...always have the treadmill set to random incline so that the incline goes up and down on me as I go)
    I try to end the day with a total of at least 10k steps. The past couple of weeks I've been pushing for more steps and have managed a 28 Day average of just under 13k steps (was almost 14k early last week, but the past few days have brought my average down).

I'm still in the weight loss phase. So what you see in my diary is my calories to lose 1 lb per week. I have some days that are really over and some under, because I try to balance by the week. Last month, I didn't do a very good job balancing and lost on average 0.5 lbs per week instead of the 1 lb per week I aim for. It's my own fault for overeating so much though. :drinker:
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". CW 148, GW 135. My diary should be open and feel free to friend me. I run 3-5 days a week and recently started Stronglifts 5x5. I lose approximately a pound a week eating 1210 before exercise cals.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just started on mfp ( was successful a few years ago) . I'm 5'3 and currently 145, I'm hoping to get back under 130. Feel free to add me , my diary is open.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" between 130-133. I eat around 1800-1900 to maintain. l lift weights 4 days a week, am lightly active, and do no cardio. I'm a high volume eater so you'll see a lot of entries with very little calories, but it usually makes a HUGE dish.

I didn't log very well this weekend because I went to a pot luck but typically my days are weighed and logged very accurately. Including that entire pint of Ben and Jerry's Friday night.
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure abt this but it might be helpful to specify women that are in maintence at 5'3" 135
    VS those who are 5'3" 135 but are currently eating at a deficit/trying to lose weight
    ?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure abt this but it might be helpful to specify women that are in maintence at 5'3" 135
    VS those who are 5'3" 135 but are currently eating at a deficit/trying to lose weight
    ?

Eh, it's the same thing essentially. If people put the specifics, whether they are losing 1 pound or .5 lbs per week you just add 250 or 500 to their deficit. It would be helpful if the posters specify for sure though.
  • baldse90
    baldse90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 125 lbs. I started at 165, and have been maintaining 125 since April. I run about 25-30 miles a week on average, and I take currently take 1 ballet class a week. I definately need to do more strength training, but it's hard for me to get motivated to do that in the summertime because I love running outdoors.

I net on average 1400 per week (gross 2000 before exercise). I do weigh everything I make/eat at home but my husband and I go out to eat/drink quite often so I find I estimate quite a bit. So while my maintainence should be aprox. 1600, I net under that to make up for my crap logging. It has worked very well for me so far! I'm happy to maintain at 125 for now, though I would eventually like to drop another 5-10 lbs and put on some muscle, or do a recomp but from what I hear that takes a long time.

When I was losing weight (Started July 2014) I ate between 1200-1400 and was very careful with my weighing/logging. I exercised quite a bit (running, classes at my gym, a round of Insanity). In the beginning I ate all calories back then switched to about 75% after Christmas.

Feel free to add me if you'd like to see my diary, just please don't judge the amount of vodka I drink!
  • syork7931
    syork7931 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 153, looking to get to 135ish. I am 5'4" and I'd love to join you! I've let me summer fun sneak up on me! I feel pretty comfy at 140, but I'd be ecstatic to be 135. How's it going?
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2.5" (that half inch is important lol) trying to get to about 135 as well. I'm at 158 right now, I've lost about 55 pounds so far. I do 30-60 minutes of fitness blender work outs maybe 5 days a week, combination of HIIT, strength, cardio, kickboxing and anything else I can find. I like variety. :) I'm not doing anything specific with my diet other than staying below my calories and trying to increase my protein.
  • Nakeshia88
    Nakeshia88 Posts: 119 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thanks all :-)

Personally at the moment I'm mainly focused on diet. I've been unwell for the last three months (chronic fatigue like symptoms plus other issues from coming off medication) and have lost a huge amount of fitness and strength, so my exercise will consist of walking and yoga for the next few weeks. I'm really starting at ground zero here, the only in the last two weeks have i started to feel human again! Hopefully I can get back on my bike by mid spring!
  • eshnna
    eshnna Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    5' 2.5 started at 144lb and currently 132 lbs.
    Goal of 120 lbs. I eat everything I want. I keep active though and get at leas 12k steps daily. This allows me to eat around 1450-1500 calories daily. If I have a less active day I eat grilled chicken with shirataki noodles and organic pasta sauce with a big salad with very little dressing. All of that is around 300 calories and keeps me full.
  • candyarana
    candyarana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nakeshia88 wrote: »
    Bit of an odd request, but are there any women out there around 5'3" and 135lb that wouldn't mind me taking a peek at your diary? 135lb is my goal weight and I'd like to know what someone's everyday diet and exercise looks like at that weight. I know every diary will be different, I'm just interested to know what y'all eat and do for exercise :smile:

Also, if anyone is '53" and weighs around 150lb (my current weight) and is trying to get to around 135lb, please feel free to add me as a friend (please include a message in all friend requests), would love to share this journey with you.

• candyarana
    candyarana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs. Last year, Gained 20 back and have recently taken ten off. My goal for now is another 10 lbs. Which would but me at 145. I have been tracking my calories this time daily and average 1,600 or so with exercise. I exercise five days a week, at least. I love Pilates and swimming, but have also stated lifting weights. This time I'm losing weight but doing much more toning. Ultimately, I'd like to be 135. I start Thrive next week. If you haven't heard of it lol it up or message me
  • Shaz3k
    Shaz3k Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'3 and currently 66kg (145.5). I started at 69.6 (153 approx) just over 4 weeks ago, for the first week I was using other software before I switched to MFP. I've been loosing about 1kg a week. I've been doing some exercise but just at home, walking, an old Denise Austin tape I have and a 7 minute workout on iPad. I have 3 small kids and we walk the 500m to school everyday. I'm eating mostly 1200 cals a day, but I think making sure my protein matches or gets close to my carbs works for me. My first goal is to get to 62 - 63kg (137lb) for a wedding in about 19 days or so. And from there, I think 60kg (132) would be nice weight for me to maintain.

The reading I'm doing on here is really helping and its a constant adjustment. :)
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, started at 182 lbs 2 years ago, got down to 126 and then gained a bit and went up to 138 lbs. Last time I weighed myself I was 134. Exercising 5 days a week, doing 30-45 mins on a stationary bike and eating 1200 cals a day. My goal is around 112. Feel free to add me!
  • keeponsmiling87
    keeponsmiling87 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I've managed to lose 73lbs so far (currently at 158) but I'm stuck at a huge plateau! Been at this weight for over six months now so any advice/tips/friends would be great! I run three times a week and do kettlesize too, which I love. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and scope out my diary. I'm 5'3" and my goal is to get back down to 130, maybe under. Currently I'm 140 :)

I love having friends with open diaries!
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends, feel free to add me!

I'm 5'2" and about 125 pounds at the moment. I started at ~175 pounds and netted 1200 calories per day during the process of losing weight. Currently, I maintain on 2100-2500 per day with 22% BF. Diet consists of 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein. My job is completely sedentary, but I walk around the building on conference calls and run 20 - 30 miles per week in a very hill-y area :) This averages out to about 20,000 steps per day according to Fitbit. I net around 1600 to maintain.
  • titi38
    titi38 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Nakeshia, I'm also 5'2 and 150. I just started mfp and I would love to join you! For the moment I struggle to record everything :(
  • kte120
    kte120 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! It's so great to see people who are similar in size/goals - much more realistic to aspire to! You guys all look fantastic! Love to hear more about what is working for everyone and how long it took.

I'm 5'2" and currently 164 - hoping to get to 120. Not sure what is realistic anymore - I've been 116 before, but am now over 40 so hope I can get back there. Would love friends on MFP to share ideas and motivate each other!