Wanted - Motivational and Supportive Friends

Options
Hey guys!

My name is Ayla and I'm 24 years old. I'm here to look for some motivational and supportive friends to help me on this journey. I've been back at it for four days now, and I think it's time for some people to help keep me going. I'm looking to lose about 20 pounds and just have a more active and healthy lifestyle.

Fast food is a weakness of mine, and that's not okay. Me and my boyfriend have made a bad habit of going out all the time and I want us to break that habit. I feel like if I stop doing it, he may. My boyfriend wants to lose weight but can't seem to stay on track. I'm the same way but want to change that. I'm sick of falling off the wagon and not getting back on. Then I hate myself and going into a depressing time. I'm over that! I want a better life where I love myself and I feel better about my body.

I have a bad habit of looking at skinner girls and being so jealous of their bodies. I want to also break that habit because that is not a healthy one at all. And it doesn't help me with loving my body whatsoever.

So if you're looking for an awesome friend to help you along the way and willing to give the same in return, I'm your girl! Feel free to add me, and lets get moving!

I look forward to seeing and making new friends!

Ayla Lee

Replies

• lousald86
    lousald86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Ayla. I'm willing to help keep you accountable. I've been struggling with weight my whole life and I've been uncomfortable for a long time. I always had such poor self control when it came to junkfood. I still struggle every now and then but I had enough. I hit 30 lbs overweight this past February and since then I lost 25 lbs. It's been so hard for me because I have such a sweet tooth and my metabolism isn't very fast. The key is to just take that first step and stick to your goal. Find something that motivates you. Something more than you. For me it's my daughter. I'm a new father and I want to be healthy for her and my wife. I want to be there for her for a long time. When I pass by the vending machine or have a craving for something unhealthy I just pulll that trigger. I think of my goal and the work I put in to reaching it. I'll help as much as I can.

Luis
  • Jacqui_Runs
    Jacqui_Runs Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I will help too!

I totally feel you about looking at slimmer girls and wishing I looked like that. Something I try to do instead is look up #reasonstobefit on tumblr, Instagram, Google, whatever. It shows pictures and inspirational quotes of physically strong women. It def keeps me wanting to work out on days when I don't feel like it.
  • eokeefe13
    eokeefe13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yea! I would love for all of us to keep one another on track. I've been a bit depressed and stressed out this past week. I'm depressed because I have lost a best friend of 10 years this past year. and by lost I mean she was a complete *kitten* and decided to think she could get cooler friends. I've been very stressed which I've never really experienced to this magnitude, due to the fact that I'm trying to plan my wedding and I don't have as much money as I thought I would. I should be grateful but this overwhelming feeling of stress and depression is weighing too heavily on top of everything. I too would like to break the habit of looking at other skinnier girls and being jealous. we all need to get to a healthy weight and to be able to look into the mirror and be happy with whats staring back at us. I'm ready to have friends that motivate and help one another and not put each other down to make themselves feel better, like so many girlfriends do. thanks so much guys have a good night
  • brittbb119
    brittbb119 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I feel I can relate to you. I am 24. I am a mother of 2. I have a 5 yr old and a new born. I use to be extremely skinny and toned. At this time in my life ironically I desired so much to gain weight. Though I was not sickly skinny in my opinion because I was toned I tried for years to gain weight and struggled with comments of being too thin. Once pregnant with my first child I shot from about 115 lbs to 175. I from that point disputed an intense activity level could never make a good recovery, instead did a lot of fluctuating. My struggle then was self disaplin. I have always eaten what I want when I want it because of my habits when very thin. Just prior to becoming pregnant with my second child I'd finally reached 130 lbs. I then reached 205 at the time of delivery unfortunately. I have been able to reach a now 170 lbs. my goal now is to shed the extra 40 lbs. I am like most people....finding time is an issue! And I am battling more than a NUMER I am battling the baby damage
  • Arthanis
    Arthanis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Ayla!! I'll add you as a friend!! I feel the same way as you! So one thingI had changed when I go out with my boy is to choose healthy options. For example if we are going to have an ice cream milk shake I choose low calorie ice cream and ask the seller to make it with water so I tend to choose strawberry or lemon. Or if we have breakfast I ask for toasts and jelly. I love eating and going out but as we do it so often I cannot allow myself to eat so much junk food. I also look at other girls bodies and compare myself to them and I get super sad and depressive. I hope we can change that together! :)
  • loverunbefit
    loverunbefit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Would love to connect with you all!!!! Link your instas, mine's https://instagram.com/abbyrose.k/
    Would love to be friends on here too!!!!
  • brittbb119
    brittbb119 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • RhondaNicole17
    RhondaNicole17 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I'm doing pretty well so far keeping motivated but I so need a great support group too! I would love to help motivate.

I'm 25, down 8 lbs and have about 20 to go. :-) we can do this!
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I just cleaned out my friends list of people that hadn't logged in for over a month, or people that had never actually interacted in any way with me. I was left with 3 people. (One of which is my wife. She hasn't logged in for years, but I'm not stupid; she stays). I could use some friends that actually do this stuff.