Help major help needed

Options
Hi I'm 26 years old 6ft tall and 289lbs I have 2 children one I just had 6 Months ago I'm having trouble putting the fork down. I'm a Stay at home mom who has no gumption to go out and exercise. Honestly I wish I could afford a personal trainer to hard core train me but I can't if I had someone breathing down my back to Kickstart my weight loss and to get into a habit of it this would be so much easier. I also suffer from depression so I get discouraged easily which makes it that much harder. I used to be alot smaller about 195lbs I used to weigh but I was also working. I need a lot help and support I really wanna lose the weight not only for myself but for my children. So please anyone who is willing to add me I'll definitely take the help I'll also throw the support right back at ya!

Replies

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    ill add you hun - i too am a mum of 2, i exercise 3-4 times a week without even leaving the house he he, i just love body combat through youtube best thing i ever did!
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, you can do it!
    Try exercising in your house if you arent motivated to go out.
    Hooked on tv? Doing jumping jacks and other cardio during the commercials.
    Start making simple meals for yourself where the calorie counting is easier

:) sending support!
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've been loving fitness blender at-home workouts. Maybe you could try 1 of those (or something similar)? Even a short one. It will make you feel good and hopefully give you the momentum to keep going.
  • SFCStank
    SFCStank Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Greetings! First of all, you don't "need" exercise to lose weight; it helps, but it not a strict requirement. Weight loss comes from less calories taken in then what you're putting out. So don't sweat the not getting out there and killing yourself. Furthermore, you have to realize your body is carrying 120ish extra pounds. Moving that much weight takes an extreme amount of effort (not judging, just an observation). You don't need to kill yourself with a structured exercise program. That would probably do you more harm than good at this point. Just going for a walk would be a sufficient calorie expenditure. It's summer - enjoy the sun, nature and warm weather on a stroll with your infant around the neighborhood. The fresh air will do you both a world of good. Loosing weight is a journey, not a destination and the best way to start is a slow leisurely non-stressed stroll.

Second (and a bit personal - sorry, but necessary) Are you breastfeeding? If you are, your body needs a lot of healthy nutrients and calories especially healthy fats for your milk and your baby's development. You are going to have strong cravings for food at this point for this sole purpose! Losing a couple of pounds is ok at this stage but I would not go hard core on weight loss or start calorie restriction until you have stopped breastfeeding (if you are), nor would I worry about the extra pounds - they can come off later. Your baby's health is more important then self image. If you're not breastfeeding than this is why your body is craving more food. Your body thinks it needs to nourish yourself AND an infant. It's an incredibly strong urge brought on by postnatal hormones.

My Wife and I have a 3 year old and 9 month old, and we are both now going through the weight loss process together - We are both in our 40's. We started with her joining me on our dog walks. She is also 150+ pounds over so I put on 80+ pounds during her pregnancy so she wouldn't have to travel the weight loss road alone and now we are working our way back to healthy.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, 6' tall, and weigh about 15lbs more than you. I've lost 60+ lbs so far, if you'd like to add me we can support each other! I don't have any kids, but I'm a PhD student so I know about not having time for anything.