Overnight oats

Options
lucysmommy2007
lucysmommy2007 Posts: 103 Member
edited August 2015 in Recipes
so I had seen this recipe on another webpage and thought I would try them

So I added 45g of oats to 100mls of alpro coconut milk and left in the fridge and then this morning I added 50g of raspberries and 1 tablespoon of honey and it was delicious and only 280 cals and its kept me full all morning

Sorry if this has been posted before

Replies

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Love them. Need to buy some oats to make again

*edit* sounds good! I've just used almond milk. Coconut seems interesting.

Also if you use those black emotions on the forum they don't work (incase that was the reason)
  • lucysmommy2007
    lucysmommy2007 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Not sure what happened to my full post but I have added more now
  • kirstens1984
    kirstens1984 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have overnight oats at least 3 x a week. Also love oats soaked in almond / coconut milk with 1/2 - 1 tsp of ground cinnamon and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract - soak overnight then top with pumpkin seeds, natural yogurt and grated apple. Yum! I have a massive portion as breakfast is my biggest meal, but you can adjust quantities of the oats and seeds to bring the calories to where you need them to be :)
  • hellobirdie_xo
    hellobirdie_xo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i do 45g of oats, half a banana mashed up, 10g of chia seeds and 200ml of lacto free milk, then pop a handful of blueberries on top in the morning! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It doesn't fill me up one bit but I like them too, as long as I don't add yogurt. I'm guessing regular yogurt would be fine though, but Greek yogurt just ruins the dish for me (even though I like it, just not with oats I guess).
  • msjones200
    msjones200 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use the vanilla Greek yogurt mix in 1/4 cup of oats and then add on top strawberries and blueberries and top with a tbsp of fat free whipped topping put all this in a mason jar overnight it's the yummiest filling breakfast!
  • Damaris626
    Damaris626 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined today, and found something I can relare to. I recently started soaking oats with peanut butter, banana, almond milk, and yogurt. Then in morning I add berries. It does keep me full also. Is this suppose to help you lose weight? I'm trying to gain weight.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Damaris626 wrote: »
    Hi just joined today, and found something I can relare to. I recently started soaking oats with peanut butter, banana, almond milk, and yogurt. Then in morning I add berries. It does keep me full also. Is this suppose to help you lose weight? I'm trying to gain weight[/].

Weight gain is dependant on the number of calories you consume being higher than the number that you burn. Oats, peanut butter, and (non low fat) yogurt are all pretty calorie dense, so you could definitely use this to help you gain weight.

Are you logging your calories and weighing your food to make sure you are eating enough?