P90X - Starting June 1st to August 1st

Options

Replies

• AngieMcHenry
    AngieMcHenry Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would love to join y'all. I am on Day 3 Week 2. The exercises are a little easier already. Last week I felt like I ate to much trying to follow the diet they suggest. So this week I am going to eat what feels right and try to keep up with calories.
  • djamador
    djamador Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am starting over again too. I have missed a few days and don't feel like I have accomplished what I should have from it. Add me for support too.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    i dont know much about P90X but I've heard it's unhealthy. Is this true?

This is totally incorrect - You heard/read something wrong, or misunderstood somehow.
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    as far as logging p90x calories burned, what I do is under the cardio part of my exercises i added p90x and log the calories that i burn doing my workout according to my HRM. I do not specifically follow the P90X nutrition program but try to eat as clean as possible I follow the 40/40/20 for cals/protein /fat as suggested for phase 1.
  • capogirl728
    capogirl728 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    is the p90x diet compatible with being vegan?
  • ktspac
    ktspac Posts: 32
    Options
    I plan on starting it over the weekend hopefully. My hubby started on Monday.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    is the p90x diet compatible with being vegan?

The diet plan is compatible for vegans. You just substitute the normal things in (tofu, tempeh, beans, etc)
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Almost finished my first round. I'll be starting round 2 on June 20th. I can't wait. The program is amazing, and the progress is as well.

I also managed to find a link that converts the P90X diet plan into macro breakdowns, as the book itself doesn't give specifics. It's very helpful when trying to plug in your numbers to MFP so you can match what P90X is suggesting.
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/27419450
  • drosario1204
    Options
    Im starting on Monday! Ive been doing yoga x and cardio x for about a week but im actually gonna start the p90x lean program on monday!!
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm doing p90x as well. And I've unfortunatly been doing the first week over and over again. So I am doing the exercises just skipping 1 or 2 a week and I don't like to move on unroll I've completed everyday. Hopefully the thread motivates me so I can get all 90 days and look freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck to everybody! I've done a month and a half of p90x in January to February and had decent results bit vacation messed me up! Add me if you want to be friends
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ok I ment intill I complete everyday... Sorry I'm on my itouch
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooooo in! :happy: I am starting today after I get off of work..... Usually on Thursdays I go an a 45 minute intense hike with a co worker... Do you think I could still do that and sub out one of the p90x days and still be fine????

Well Not sure but. I work out during my lunch at the gym in my building and I do P90X in the evenings. If you do end up doing that use Thursday as your "rest day" which is day 7.
  • ktndj82104
    ktndj82104 Posts: 85
    Options
    I started the P90X and did 2 weeks before holidays hit and I screwed it up. I am ready to start again, seeing this just might kick my butt back into gear.
  • pammyedmunds
    Options
    I would love to join y'all. I am on Day 3 Week 2. The exercises are a little easier already. Last week I felt like I ate to much trying to follow the diet they suggest. So this week I am going to eat what feels right and try to keep up with calories.

I am not following the meal plan, I stick to eating 1800-2200 calories a day and I am losing weight with this range.
  • jackelyn14
    jackelyn14 Posts: 59
    Options
    Hey Everyone - so I just finished Shoulders and Arms and Ap ripper x for today. I'm on day 3 of week 3, and its amazing how much improvement I'm already feeling!

Good luck everyone!
  • iammomx4
    iammomx4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started this morning! I did chest/back and ab ripper. I'm also training for a marathon that I'll be doing in August. I'm really hoping I'll be able to keep up with both training programs

I don't follow their diet, either. I am trying to be even more conscious of what eat, cutting refined carbs and sticking to 1600-1800 calories.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 1 today (Chest & Back + Ab Ripper X). Feeling good - know I am going to be sore tomorrow haha.

I keep hearing that following the diet plan really works - maybe it is just eating clean and following the macronutrients? I am trying to figure out how to make it work for me - I eat pretty cleanly most of the time anyway. I know, I should up my calorie intake for it a bit, so at least eat 1800 during this program.
  • pammyedmunds
    Options
    Completed Day 1 (restarted) Cardio X last night. I am doing the lean program. My knees are sore today..which may be a combinaion of the stress all my working it is putting on my body. Going to rest from the gym today so I can focus on P90X tonight. Need a bit of recovery.

I don't know about that diet plan...I just can't picture myself eating 8 egg whites. Some of the other food looks alright. I still stick to my 1800-2200 Calories a day for now.
  • redheadlynn
    redheadlynn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey! I hope I can join you guys. I am pregnant, but doing modified P90X...I started again today with week 1. I also "eat clean", a la Tosca Reno. I can't recommend that diet more! (Look up "Eat Clean Diet"). I don't count calories too much on it. I replace ab ripper/core synergistics with a pregnancy dvd. Anyone doing a lighter version of P90X?
  • khinkle44
    khinkle44 Posts: 14
    Options
    So last night I completed the arms & back and the ab ripper x.... It was hard trying to find motivation to workout.... I work 10 hours a day and then my driving time is about 2 hours all together so by the time I get home I just want to veg out. But I did finally force myself to do it. Now I'm tired, but I'm thinking I need to up my weights. Today after work I'm going to do a hike that is pretty intense, but I love it! Hope everyone is doing well so far.