New to Site

Options
Hi I just joined my fitness pal lastnight. I was using the WW online for over a year, but it got costly and I find this site a whole lot better. It just seems easier to track my food and there are more food options listed. I lost 35lbs, but gained back 12 in the past few months (recently my mom and my brother passed away), and it's been tough. I have gotten back on the right track the past couple of weeks and have dropped a couple of pounds. I don't have time to walk everyday, but would love to find time to. I walk the Quinnipac Linear Trail every Saturday morning which is 2.5 miles. Once the weather is better, I would like to stop there on my way home from work and walk it since it's right on my way. I have packed sneakers in my car, so I just need good weather. I need some help to stay motivated. I have to get this weight off. Cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes run in my family and I don't want any of that. I currently take meds for my cholesterol and my sugar is borderline so want to get the weight off to help that. I don't want to be a walking medicine cabinet or walking time bomb.

Replies

• momto1son
    momto1son Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am in a similar boat as you! Just cancelled my WW subscription as I find this has everything I need without the expense! I also like knowing how many calories, etc. I'm eating and burning instead of the points. I to gained after losing on WW so this site has been my new motivation and the kick start I needed. I've been having a pity party in the last 2 years I guess since my grandmother passed and many other stresses of life. I have a 5 yr old boy and don't want to miss out on his life and want to have energy to play with him! I do what I can each day. Some days it's only 10 minutes here or there, but it all counts! If I only have a few minutes, I jump rope (without the rope!) or run in place, situps, punching, etc. All bring up my heartbeat! I've been right on the line of taking meds for cholesterol for years and agree that I don't want any of the bad diseases to happen! I wish you luck in this journey! Hang in there!
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    Welcome. I am sorry for your losses, that must of been a very difficult for you but you will find this site very good. I only joined just over 2 weeks ago and it is hands down over WW. There is tons of support and motivation out there and lots of great people. Best of luck on your weigh loss journey and add me as a friend, if you like.