Learn from my fail!!

Options
Oh man.. I got regrets!

I've recently finished a month of Jenny Craig, which I followed pretty strictly (if I'm paying that much for food, I want it to work!), so I've had a full month of small, frequent meals; lost of fruit and veg, no treats.

Tonight I went and donated blood, and felt a bit weak after so had a juice and a big cookie. then I went to my parents place for tea and had a plate of pasta with a cashew cream sauce, then an ice cream cone, then some pumpkin scones, as well as about 1500ml of water.

I always thought that your stomach shrinking if you eat smaller meals was a bit of a myth, like 'sure, maybe it shrinks down a little, but it's still just waiting to unfurl again at the next big feed'.

Not any more!! The pain! The nausea! THE NOISES!!!

I've had to place myself in the recovery position to allow optimal stomach emptying!

Beware folks!

Replies

• JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    :-( hope you feel better soon
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It doesn't shrink. You just feel full faster and your stomach has lost some of its ability to digest fats, which is why you're feeling sick.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    If you've been eating low-fat for a while and then have a high-fat day, it definitely wreaks havoc on your digestive system.

If you experienced pain radiating from the upper-right portion of your abdomen, that's a gallbladder issue and should be mentioned to your doctor.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It doesn't shrink. It can however return to it's normal size. After eating a certain way for awhile, you feel fuller faster.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I love(d) me some KFC, and after abstaining for a while due to a 1500/day calorie goal, I decided to treat myself to a 2 pc meal, original recipe, with mashed potatoes/gravy, cole slaw, and a biscuit. OMG it tore up my insides so bad...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    My body hates me when I over eat the way I did when I was 30-40 pounds heavier. I was curled up in a ball on Saturday night myself.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    This happened to me at a family reunion potluck a couple weeks ago. It was impossible to count calories so I just took little bits of everything that looked good and hoped I wouldn't be too far above maintenance for the day. I was so full that my stomach hurt for hours afterwards! Not a fun feeling.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I ate cotton candy and fries last night at a fireworks display/event with my kids. Woke up in the middle of the night with horrible stomach pains, and regretted it right away. Ugh.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I do not have this problem. I can still eat a full tub of popcorn at the movies without any ill digestive effects.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Anytime you drastically change your diet, you're setting yourself up for possible gasto discomfort. Gut bacteria populations change with your diet. Eat a lot of one type of food and your bacteria that are good at working with that food will increase in number while other populations of bacteria that are well designed to handle foods you're eating less of will drop. Change your eating pattern drastically and those lower populations can't handle the sudden increase in workload. Enter what OP described.

Everything in moderation including change.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My main proof of how stomach doesn't change - most days I can't possibly eat more than 2400 calories. I'd be stuffed. But when I have PMS, I can easily eat 4000 calories of stuff. So unless my stomach suddenly increases in size before my period, I'm quite sure it's all hormones-related (the hormones that make you feel satiety too).
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I had this happen a few weeks ago at my friends house. We got juice, pizza, and a bag of chips to share. Now that I think back, we always eat a lot when we're together. I had 5 slices of pizza and a couple handfuls of chips, and a glass of juice. 20 minutes later I had to run to their bathroom. I had to call my dad to come get me. So embarrassing!
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    After eating a certain way for awhile, you feel fuller faster.

This is exactly the case for me!