(Women) Does weight matter?

Options
2»

Replies

• MissVintanna
    MissVintanna Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't like skinny men, I prefer something to hold on to :)

As a rather tall gal myself, he'd have to be taller than me
  • lunidevojka
    lunidevojka Posts: 9,049 Member
    Options
    They do not need to have a six pack, they can even have a buddah belly I am perfectly ok with men who have some extra weight but work towards making healthier life choices. If I am with someone and I like them for them I will want them around for a long time so more for health reasons and to enjoy outdoor things. I have struggled with weight myself so sometimes you just need someone who loves you and encourages you to be a better you.

Exactly.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    They do not need to have a six pack, they can even have a buddah belly I am perfectly ok with men who have some extra weight but work towards making healthier life choices. If I am with someone and I like them for them I will want them around for a long time so more for health reasons and to enjoy outdoor things. I have struggled with weight myself so sometimes you just need someone who loves you and encourages you to be a better you.

This. I've always preferred men who are tall, stocky and well muscled. I was terrified of dating a guy whose thighs were smaller than mine or who didn't make me feel petite. Marrying a guy who is short, thin and actually weighs less than I do. When someone is your person, they're your person. I find him super attractive even though he doesn't 'fit' my preference. Even though he's thin it's still health that matters to me. That's why I fret about his genetically high cholesterol, pack heathy lunches for him and drag him on runs. I want him to be around with me forever
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I like big guys. Actually I just like guys in general. I don't care much about specifics.
  • Hea1thyGam3r
    Hea1thyGam3r Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I like big guys. Actually I just like guys in general. I don't care much about specifics.

Hey there. :bigsmile:
  • alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

This. I've always preferred men who are tall, stocky and well muscled. I was terrified of dating a guy whose thighs were smaller than mine or who didn't make me feel petite. Marrying a guy who is short, thin and actually weighs less than I do. When someone is your person, they're your person. I find him super attractive even though he doesn't 'fit' my preference. Even though he's thin it's still health that matters to me. That's why I fret about his genetically high cholesterol, pack heathy lunches for him and drag him on runs. I want him to be around with me forever

Speaking as one with genetic issues (fatty blood and sky high triglycerides, thanks dad), thank you. My blood work is that of an 80 year old man who ate sausage and kool-aid for breakfast. I'm now taking up daily interval training in a last ditch effort to get the numbers under control without drugs...regular running and walking isn't doing it.

What about insulin manipulation ? Heard about fasting ?
  • jensquish1
    jensquish1 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    My question is are women willing to date an overweight man and if so, is there a cut off weight for what you would be attracted to in a bigger man or can you find men attractive at any size?

I wouldn't want to date someone that is unhealthy. If I was looking for someone, I would want them to be healthy obviously. I wouldn't look for "perfect", someone that has a great personality and takes care of themselves.
  • alpha_515
    Options
    alpha_515 wrote: »

Speaking as one with genetic issues (fatty blood and sky high triglycerides, thanks dad), thank you. My blood work is that of an 80 year old man who ate sausage and kool-aid for breakfast. I'm now taking up daily interval training in a last ditch effort to get the numbers under control without drugs...regular running and walking isn't doing it.

Yep, tried fasting and failed to move the numbers for me. :sad:

That's impossible, What was your fasting approach ? have you heard of Warrior Diet ?

I've been fasting for a month now and my fat is literally falling off. was on caloric restriction last year and it made me miserable , also the last few pounds would not shed off at all.

I suggest you read The Warrior Diet by Ori Hofmekler and check out his food combination, if you're open minded about trying new things.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    i know some awesome guys that are obese.. personality and inner beauty shines through.. hey you can always lose weight... doesnt mean id get into a relationship with them.
    its personal choice and everyone has their own perception of whats attractive to them.. skinny or short guys wouldnt have a chance either.. im probs the pickiest person in the world, every detail of how he moves sounds looks dresses smells and tastes would be a factor.. i have to have the whole package.. taller than me, strong masculine bonestructure and features, personality, humour, strong minded and know how to handle me, brains and if he can cook,clean would be a bonus lol
    If a under tall guy was 6'4 in another life, would that count, or if he were a circus clown, would that make up for the height difference?
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    hahaha the last guy I dated is overweight but I loved him. I tend to prefer more overweight than thin. I am pretty thin and if they are skinnier than me it makes me uncomfortable. I also dated a guy with a lot of muscle, felt like cuddling with a rock lol. but really I dont care too much about that when we get along well
  • alpha_515
    Options

Yep, tried fasting and failed to move the numbers for me. :sad:

That's impossible, What was your fasting approach ? have you heard of Warrior Diet ?

I've been fasting for a month now and my fat is literally falling off. was on caloric restriction last year and it made me miserable , also the last few pounds would not shed off at all.

I suggest you read The Warrior Diet by Ori Hofmekler and check out his food combination, if you're open minded about trying new things.

I'm quite open minded about it. At this point I've got nothing to lose, the numbers for me are crap. And improvement in those numbers don't track with my fat levels, either. I've maintained anywhere from 7-13% body fat for many years (currently about 10%). I've been a natural intermittent faster for most of my life.

Edit: having done at least a few minutes of looking, my typical feed window is ~6 hours rather than 4, and timing is earlier than what the warrior diet wants.

I wake up around 7 am train around 2 pm and eat at between 8-9 pm one big nutrient dense meal from whole foods.

I workout fasted and my strength has gone up while I'm almost at 10% bf now

During 7 am to 8 pm I eat 2 orange/kiwi fruit/raw beetroot and carrot ( LOW GI foods basically) in the morning , some berries in the afternoon. And Organic Whey Concentrate 60 minutes after my workout.

Then in around 8 pm I'll eat salad with balsamic vinegar and meat + vegetables + carbs ( complex)

I'd suggest try this and read the book cause the food combinations + facts he mentions is very interesting.

At the end of the day it's whatever works best for you, but I've tried everything and this seems to most natural for me to follow along with stable energy and superior mental focus throughout the day while loosing fat and being in the best shape of my life.

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Not at all! We can be very fit and healthy and weigh much more than we look due to our muscle mass and bone structure, (not to mention if we have larger breasts)! So much emphasis is put on weight more so than health! According to Average stats out there a Woman 5' foot tall "Should" weigh somewhere between 90-110lbs! That is Ridiculous and if that's the case I would be skeletal and look horrible! I'm at 142 in my B&W photo and wouldnt want to be any more than 17 lbs less than that! I'm shooting for 125 and no less! Embrace your curves Ladies! Be Healthy and be fit dont base your goals on what the scale says! Stay Beautiful!!! :smile:
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,045 Member
    Options
    I love a man with a lot of weight in his *kitten* u know?
  • ajsimyan
    ajsimyan Posts: 180 Member
    Options

This ^^^ 100% !!!!