Meds make foods taste gross

Quite some time ago my doc put me on meds for migraines. They make foods taste gross. I haven't been able to drink soda in nearly a year (hooray!). Sweets are gross. Fried foods are gross. You get the picture? I also take blood thinners which limits certain veggies. So, this post is because my appetite is minimal. I eat little, even though I am heavy. I have only just started to lose the weight and it is only because I just started some serious walking :) I have a hard time getting my calories in for the day. By the end of the day I feel like I am force feeding myself :( I don't like that. Is there a way to just track my exercise and not the diet? Or a way to modify my diet to where I don't feel like I am bloated or going to barf?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    What did your doctor say when you asked him about these issues?
  • suzannefillmore
    suzannefillmore Posts: 7 Member
    It is a common side effect. It is best that the migraines are gone since they knock me out for several days. As long as I am eating, I am ok (when I was having the migraines I couldn't eat at all). I do eat. I like this site a lot, but at the end of the day it tends to get angry at me when I log my food diary lol. Kinda frustrating. I love my walks, but they are killing my calorie count.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    it sounds like kinda severe side effects, have you talked to the dr about them.
    I think there is a sticky on the forum someplace that has nutrient dense foods. scroll that. eat what you can
  • suzannefillmore
    suzannefillmore Posts: 7 Member
    I don't know what a sticky is. How would I find that? Yes, I've talked with my doctor. We are monitoring me weekly. We are trying to get my weight down. That is why I started to walk. It is strange that my calories are always low and I couldn't losing, just gain weight. We decided that I needed to add exercise and a way to better track what I'm doing (that's why I'm on here) The medicine is fine, and necessary, just frustrating to work with ;)