Official Florida Thread!

Options
Hello to all the Florida pals! I thought I would start a thread for us to discuss our weightloss journey's and motivate each other!

I'm Britt, and I'm trying to lose around 20 lbs. I live in central florida and am going to school to be a registered nurse!

Say hello and tell us a little about yourself :)

Replies

• Mari1969
    Mari1969 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi!

I am in Florida too. I want to lose about 60lbs. Some days are harder than others. I have lost about 14lbs and gained a few and trying to go back to my journey! Some great friends on here are encouraging me.
  • lemonbug
    lemonbug Posts: 59
    Options
    Hi!

I am in Florida too. I want to lose about 60lbs. Some days are harder than others. I have lost about 14lbs and gained a few and trying to go back to my journey! Some great friends on here are encouraging me.

Congrats on your loss so far! That's awesome! For me making friends on MFP has really helped me. All the motivation and success stories really inspire me.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I live in North Central Florida :)
    Originally from the Space Coast!
    I want to lose 100+ lbs, more than halfway there. Wish it would just hurry up hahaha!
  • Amy510w
    Amy510w Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am from N. FL and I am hoping to lose about 30 more pounds. I just reached my "first big goal" today! I have lost 35 pounds since last year...
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Central East Coast here - Treasure Coast to be exact.

Hi! :flowerforyou:

I LOVE Florida! The weather, sunshine, activities, ocean, are all pretty much unbeatable! I've lived in several different states, and I have to say Florida will be my "forever home".
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    I live in the most "Magical" place in all of Central Florida!

I've been at this since 2/1/11. Still have along way to go, but i'm moving in the right direction !
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options

I've been at this since 2/1/11. Still have along way to go, but i'm moving in the right direction !
    :heart: Disney :heart:

Taking my little boy there for his 3rd b-day in a few weeks!
  • lemonbug
    Options

Another Disney fan here!
  • lemonbug
    Options
    I also in Central Florida, Ocala to be exact!

Now that we are approaching our hotter months, what does everyone do to exercise? Do you still workout outside? Or find somewhere cool?
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    I workout in the gym inside, but swim outside in the pool.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I live in South Florida. I have about 14 pounds to lose. However once I reach that goal I will re-evaluate. I love the weather here but can not work out in this heat. I go to the gym mostly and run at home on my treadmill.
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Yayy! I live in FL too.
    :D
    Sarasota/tampa area.
  • wendycheng
    wendycheng Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Wendy and I live in central/north Florida going to school as an art history major! Trying to lose around 20 lbs as well :)
  • Mari1969
    Mari1969 Posts: 37
    Options
    wow I can't believe how close we all are. I am in Tampa. And I try to stick to the gym unless I go for my walks later in the evening when it's not so stifling hot!
  • wendycheng
    wendycheng Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Now that we are approaching our hotter months, what does everyone do to exercise? Do you still workout outside? Or find somewhere cool?

Swimming is great! The only problem is that I can't swim in a bikini flip turning and such so I get funny tanlines from my speedo. I would recommend swimming laps indoors.
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I live in Bradenton :D
    I bet no one has ever heard of it haha.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi... I live i NW Florida and my goal is to lose 15 pounds! Have a great day everyone!
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    I live in Bradenton :D
    I bet no one has ever heard of it haha.

My friend lives in Bradenton! I'm about 5 miles from Disney and hear/see the fireworks every night. I still work out outside, but try to do it in the early morning or later in the evening. Sometimes, I will run in the middle of the day and it is HOT, but it makes my runs in the morning and races so much more easy! Anyone doing any 5ks? I just did one by Waterford Lakes near UCF.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I do a boot camp class OUTSIDE='s death! lol.
    But it's from 7 pm to 8 pm and I play softball anywhere between 6 and 9 pm. No matter how hot, I still do it outside!'

• wendiwen123
    wendiwen123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am also in Central Florida! nice to know I am not alone in this journey. I have about 15 pounds to lose that just don't want to go anywhere so motivation and exercise ideas are always welcomed.
    Thanks!!!!