Help - Need to know my TDEE

Options
Female
Aged 25
Height: 168 cm
Weight: 128 pounds
Aim: Maintain Weight

Activity Levels: walk on average 10,000 steps per, weight lift intense (Strength & Hypertrophy super sets, active recovery in-between sets such as Jump Rope) 4-5 times per week with a 5km weekly run

Typcially, I perform better on a higher carb diet so tend to keep my marcos spilt as 50% Carbs, 25% Protein, 25% Fats

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Did you put your stats into an online calulcator ie scooby workshop etc?
  • Hannah220190
    Hannah220190 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've tried lots of calculators! Going to see my PT for further advice I think!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    how much did they say? and what do you think your TDEE is?? it takes time to work it out, you're taller than me but we are similarly active and mine is 2200 (Fitbit tells me that too).
  • Hannah220190
    Options
    how much did they say? and what do you think your TDEE is?? it takes time to work it out, you're taller than me but we are similarly active and mine is 2200 (Fitbit tells me that too).

I've done calculations around 2,200-2,300 based on my research using the Anita Bean Strength Training Guide
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Well try eating at those numbers for a few weeks and you'll see if that true...it take trial and error for us all to find our proper TDEE as everyone is different :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Female
    Aged 25
    Height: 168 cm
    Weight: 128 pounds
    Aim: Maintain Weight

Activity Levels: walk on average 10,000 steps per, weight lift intense (Strength & Hypertrophy super sets, active recovery in-between sets such as Jump Rope) 4-5 times per week with a 5km weekly run

Typcially, I perform better on a higher carb diet so tend to keep my marcos spilt as 50% Carbs, 25% Protein, 25% Fats

did you use mfp to lose weight? if so, use that data to get your maintenance?
  • kamidale
    kamidale Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You could also use the new body weight planner from the National Institutes of Health....

https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/index.html
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Are you currently gaining or losing?
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Get your body fat percentage tested, as that affects your TDEE greatly. If you've got more lean mass, you'll burn a lot more than someone with more fat. The difference can be as much as a half to full pound of weight loss a week.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I've tried lots of calculators! Going to see my PT for further advice I think!

TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) is the number of calories at which your weight will stabilize. You can estimate your TDEE with an activity tracker (like Fitbit) or an online calculator. Or you can set your MFP goal to maintenance: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided then log your exercise and eat back your exercise calories. Whichever method you choose, give it two weeks, then reevaluate your progress and adjust accordingly.

Your weight will fluctuate in maintenance, so have a goal range rather than a specific weight. (For example, +/- 2 or 3 lbs.) If you have a Fitbit or Withings account, sync it with Trendweight.com (it's free) to see a moving average without the "noise" from water weight. There are other websites & apps that do the same thing.

When your weight goes above the range, cut your calories by 100. If it goes below your range, add 100 calories. So if you're gaining on 2,000 calories, eat 1,900 for a week or two, then reevaluate.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Well try eating at those numbers for a few weeks and you'll see if that true...it take trial and error for us all to find our proper TDEE as everyone is different :smile:
    QFT

The calculated TDEE is simply an estimate. Test it and tweak it accordingly.
  • Hannah220190
    Options
    Get your body fat percentage tested, as that affects your TDEE greatly. If you've got more lean mass, you'll burn a lot more than someone with more fat. The difference can be as much as a half to full pound of weight loss a week.

I've had my body fat measured - 13.3% any suggestions?

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Have you been logging your food accurately?
    Using your own data is better than any online calculator.
    Take how many calories you have eaten in a period of time (for example, 28 days)
    Add 3500 for every pound you lost in that time. Divide by the number of days. That will be your TDEE.
    The longer the time period, the better, but you have to have been logging accurately.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options

I've had my body fat measured - 13.3% any suggestions?

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Put your numbers in there and it'll give you a pretty sharp estimate. It came within 3% of what I got tested for at the university.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Also, how did you figure or test your bf%? 13.3% is really low for a female.
  • Hannah220190
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    Take how many calories you have eaten in a period of time (for example, 28 days)
    Add 3500 for every pound you lost in that time. Divide by the number of days. That will be your TDEE.
    The longer the time period, the better, but you have to have been logging accurately.

So basically if I've gained a pound add 3,500 instead?
  • Hannah220190
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »

So basically if I've gained a pound add 3,500 instead?

Sorry minus 3,500?