Girls who lift

Options
KEEP IT UP!!
Ive been told that girls shouldnt lift, im 20 years old and after lifting for over a year and a half ive proven all of them wrong.
It doesnt mean we will look manly, you look more toned, in shape! I love seeing other girls who lift! Looking for people to connect with on here!! Very friendly & love meeting new people, i love learning more about new lifts and info on diets & food!

Replies

• neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love to lift! It may not be for everyone, but I think that everyone should at least try it.
  • brittanyhiatte
    brittanyhiatte Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    im 20 as well and just started! I love it! People dont know what they are talking about when they say ohh you will look like a body builder!
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am trying to incorporate lifting more into my daily routine. I'm usually all cardio but have been reading about the benefits of lifting. Feels great so far!
  • schiavok
    schiavok Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ive come to learn that people who are so judgmental about girls who lift know nothing about it. I always liked working out but once i started lifting i fell in love!!
  • EnrgizerBnny
    EnrgizerBnny Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Im looking to start to lift :)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what anyone says. If I could lift I definitely would. Go for it girl!
  • smitup
    smitup Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So awesome to hear this! Keep it up girls! Some of the best lifters in my gym are ladies and they look NOTHING like dudes.
  • brittanyhiatte
    brittanyhiatte Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    smitup wrote: »
    So awesome to hear this! Keep it up girls! Some of the best lifters in my gym are ladies and they look NOTHING like dudes.

they look like hot women! which is what we are all after! :smiley:
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love lifting. I love it while I'm lifting, and I love waking up the next day feeling stronger. Beats cardio any day in my book (although I do that too).

I'd ignore anything coming out of the mouth of someone who tells you women shouldn't lift. For sure.
  • Cass2025
    Cass2025 Posts: 82 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Good to see other girls that lift, Thank you,it does not make you look manly I hate that people believe that myth!