Getting Started for the Millionth Time

Options
My name is Robyn. I am 35 yrs old and I feel like I am doing this for the millionth time. This is so frustrating. But I will try until I finally figure out what will work for me. I love food and really try to eat right, but I also like to drink those empty calories which is not helping my situation. So I am finally trying to give that up to lose 60-70 lbs. Any tips on how to stay focused are more than welcome. I know I will figure this out and finally have the healthy lifestyle that I have been searching for! :) So here I go again....

Replies

• BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!!
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want as long as it fits into my daily calories. If I want ice cream or a candy bar I have it as long it fits into my calories for the day. I recently discovered mini cans of soda a mini can of Coke is only 90 calories vs 240 for a 20 ounce. As with most things the key to controlling your weight is moderation.
  • lizzy7282
    lizzy7282 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Robyn! Well, I recently started back as well (for the 3rd and final time lol)! Im at that point of hearing my own excuses as to why i'm overweight hahahaha. I'll add you as a friend :smile:
  • phillipdean299
    phillipdean299 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It took a life threating medical event to finally open my eyes. I'm not trying to sound preachy, but, anyone who makes a determined effort will have success. My past failed attempts were due to me failing to do the work required.
  • maire911
    maire911 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I keep trying and then seem to always get side tracked. I was able to lose weight about 5 years back and kept it off for quite awhile, but after some medical issues and emotional stuff I stopped working out as much and starting eating a lot more, especially late at night. I DO know that it can be done...but it isn't easy.
  • Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi Robyn, another 35 year old here who feels like I'm starting over for the hundredth time :neutral: I like eating of pretty much any variety and wine far too much! I'm really trying to do it for real this time and loose more than the odd half a stone xx
  • nadi0rnice
    nadi0rnice Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My name is Robyn. I am 35 yrs old and I feel like I am doing this for the millionth time. This is so frustrating. But I will try until I finally figure out what will work for me. I love food and really try to eat right, but I also like to drink those empty calories which is not helping my situation. So I am finally trying to give that up to lose 60-70 lbs. Any tips on how to stay focused are more than welcome. I know I will figure this out and finally have the healthy lifestyle that I have been searching for! :) So here I go again....

Love this :) shows you're only human and you make mistakes but that you're not ready to give up and I like that
  • graceabound73
    graceabound73 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Robyn. You literally wrote the words in my brain. I'm 41, have started countless times also, and am looking to drop 65 lbs. While I know it basically boils down to calories in, calories out...life is often stressful and food is comfortable. I've never even visited the community page, but decided to check it out today. Thanks for this post...just by knowing I'm not alone? You've encouraged me. I will never give up, I know I have it in me...and so do you! :) "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift."