playing wii sports

Options
Okay, so I normally don't excercise much. However since Christmas, I have got a Wii with Wii sports. I have started playing this thing sometimes 20 minutes, sometimes up to over an hour a day. I know it's not a lot of excercise, but I do work up a sweat, and my heart rate goes up a little. My muscles hurt a little also. My favorites are tennis, baseball, and bowling. I really really get into these games. Will this help any?

Replies

• seasew
    seasew Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I normally don't excercise much. However since Christmas, I have got a Wii with Wii sports. I have started playing this thing sometimes 20 minutes, sometimes up to over an hour a day. I know it's not a lot of excercise, but I do work up a sweat, and my heart rate goes up a little. My muscles hurt a little also. My favorites are tennis, baseball, and bowling. I really really get into these games. Will this help any?
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,405 Member
    Options
    It's a start, and your body is feeling it. So great! And before you know it, you'll be finding other ways to move your body. :flowerforyou:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    It really depends on your fitness level, but if you are feeling it... then it is a good first step!

If you were out running marathons, then probably it wouldn't help.

I just got a Wii fit for Christmas and I am liking having it to use when I can't make it to the gym. I thought it wasn't much of an exercise until I tried the strength training today. It really does sneak in a good workout!

Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • medalia
    medalia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Most dfinitely! Try adding some lunges and stretching while you bowl and other things.

When/if you can, get the Wii Fit! It is incredible and tracks your balance, strength and overall progress in getting healthy. Its pretty cool little gadget that also cheers you along to progress. I love it! It even congratulated me on losing 1/2 pound since yesterday!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

I'm with you on that one.....my arms are killing me from playing tennis with DH.....and the boxing really works up a sweat if you really go at it. LOL
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options

I'm with you on that one.....my arms are killing me from playing tennis with DH.....and the boxing really works up a sweat if you really go at it. LOL

yeah, the boxing is actually a pretty good workout!!!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

yeah, the boxing is actually a pretty good workout!!!

I will have to third that remark there. I did the boxing to day where you have to hit the bag and oh my gosh my heart was beating so fast and I also creamed my hubby lol. I think I hit 15 bags down and he only got 7. HEHE it was great. But now my arms and my shoulders sure are sore.

Connie
  • seasew
    seasew Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I played tennis and baseball tonight for about 35 minutes total. My arms are sore, and so is my back. I know it' s doing something. :flowerforyou: