Shopping Today Help!

Options
I'm getting tired of eggs for breakfast and carrots for my snacks. What are some of your must haves? I need some new food ideas fast!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, string cheese or cheese sticks, hummus, apples and peanut butter or PB2, cottage cheese, nuts, wasabi peas, bacon, beef jerky or turkey jerky, popcorn, protein bars
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, string cheese or cheese sticks, hummus, apples and peanut butter or PB2, cottage cheese, nuts, wasabi peas, bacon, beef jerky or turkey jerky, popcorn, protein bars

I feel like we should have an mfp bingo game.

• Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So here is what I do for breakfast and snacks. I am focusing on getting enough protein, so I included that in my notes. I try to keep my snacks to about 200 calories. Lunch and dinner are at about 400.

cheerios and milk (200 cal; 10g protein)
    banana and hard boiled egg (160 cal; 7g protein)
    peach and cheddar (180 cal; 8g protein)
    cucumber tomato salad and cottage cheese (170 cal; 12g protein)
    chobani flip (180-250 cal depending; 12g protein)

Edit: Just wanted to say that I just bought all these things for 5 days worth of food and some stuff for dinner (already had lunches covered) and it came in under $35.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

We do. Some people use the real cards (though the last one I saw posted is fairly out of date) and others use imaginary cards that they make up. But it's definitely a thing.
  • lucstone
    lucstone Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bell peppers, cucumber, spicy avocado hummus (Coscto), quinoa, black beans, peas, sweet potatoes...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

We do. Some people use the real cards (though the last one I saw posted is fairly out of date) and others use imaginary cards that they make up. But it's definitely a thing.

Of course we do! :)

I wish I could add to the list, OP, but anything I eat as a snack has already been said. At least the healthy stuff. :I

• atlassmom121
    atlassmom121 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone everything helps I think I'm just stuck on ideas lol
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    oatmeal
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    gelato.