Chicken ideas for lunch

Options
kirstens1984
kirstens1984 Posts: 96 Member
Hi, I wondered if anyone has some good ideas for lunches to take to work (I have a fridge at work but no microwave or anything to heat things up) - I've cooked a chicken breast today for tomorrow's lunch to save me time this evening, but looking for inspiration for what to put with it? Bit fed up of dull salads! I love spices and flavours so not afraid to be adventurous with it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! x

Replies

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Chicken, baked potato or sweet potato fries, some veggies

chicken, hummus, lettuce and whatever else you want wrapped in a tortilla wrap. Maybe an apple or string cheese with it

chicken, rice, veggies

Chicken avocado sandwich

Lettuce, carrots, peppers, seasonings, chicken and a poached egg on top

Boiled egg, chicken, veggies

• kirstens1984
    Options
    lseed87 wrote: »
    Chicken, baked potato or sweet potato fries, some veggies

chicken, hummus, lettuce and whatever else you want wrapped in a tortilla wrap. Maybe an apple or string cheese with it

chicken, rice, veggies

Chicken avocado sandwich

Lettuce, carrots, peppers, seasonings, chicken and a poached egg on top

Boiled egg, chicken, veggies

Thank you :)
  • caaaath
    caaaath Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Couscous mixed with veg and chicken - add in some moroccan spices for yumminess.
  • sop1love
    sop1love Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Curried Chicken salad
    1 1/2 Tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
    1 tblsp lime juice, preferably fresh squeezed
    1 tsp curry powder
    1 lb cooked chicken breast (chopped or shredded)
    ½ of a cucumber seeded and chopped
    ½ of a med red onion chopped
    whole-wheat pitas
    green leaf lettuce

Instructions:
    1. In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, lime juice and curry. Add the chicken, cucumber, and onion, mixing well.
    2. Spoon the mixture evenly into the pita halves. Add the lettuce, serve immediately.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Mexican chicken.
    Ill cook up 3-4 at a time,just pour some salsa on top during cooking,and then add a bit of shredded cheese the last 10 minutes of cooking.
    Or throw the breasts in the slow cooker with some spices or bbq sauce for pulled chicken- great on a bun,in a wrap or on a salad.
  • salenaii
    salenaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Low Carb Smothered Jalapeno Popper Chicken
    Ingredients
    6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
    salt and pepper to taste
    For the Jalapeno Popper Layer
    1/4 cup jalapeno slices, diced (the kind in the jar that you put on nachos)
    1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
    1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan
    For the Topping
    1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan Cheese
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken breast in a 13×9 casserole dish and bake until juices run clear. 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the breast. While chicken is baking, mix jalapenos, cream cheese, low fat mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined. Remove chicken from oven and reduce to 350 degrees. Spread jalapeno popper mixture all over each Chicken breast until well covered.
    For the topping Parmesan cheese Sprinkle on top of jalapeno popper topped chicken. Bake until the tops are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. ENJOY!!!
  • lucstone
    lucstone Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I made a chicken salad type thing the other day. Chicken breast, hard boiled egg, grapes, cashews, kale, olive oil, and some spicy avocado hummus. My wife had it over spinach and my son had it in a sandwich. They SAID they liked it.
  • MoCo88
    MoCo88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I make Buffalo chicken salad (I think I found the recipe here on MFP). Mix 2 T Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese dressing and 1 T Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wings sauce with 3 oz diced chicken and a handful of diced celery. Add more/less dressing and hot sauce to taste. I eat it on a Tumaro low-cal, high fiber wrap with lettuce or spinach and maybe some tomato and shredded carrot. So yummy!
  • kirstens1984
    Options
    wow thanks everyone for the ideas! sorry didn't come back sooner, couldn't get on the forum from my phone(?) at home. Cant wait to try these out! :)
  • LindaSmith108
    LindaSmith108 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    salenaii wrote: »
    Low Carb Smothered Jalapeno Popper Chicken
    Ingredients
    6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
    salt and pepper to taste
    For the Jalapeno Popper Layer
    1/4 cup jalapeno slices, diced (the kind in the jar that you put on nachos)
    1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
    1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan
    For the Topping
    1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan Cheese
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken breast in a 13×9 casserole dish and bake until juices run clear. 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the breast. While chicken is baking, mix jalapenos, cream cheese, low fat mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined. Remove chicken from oven and reduce to 350 degrees. Spread jalapeno popper mixture all over each Chicken breast until well covered.
    For the topping Parmesan cheese Sprinkle on top of jalapeno popper topped chicken. Bake until the tops are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. ENJOY!!!

This recipe sounds great! Can`t wait to try it! Thanks.
  • VitaSh
    VitaSh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I always add either hummus or salsa. Or beans and salsa with cooked quinoa or rice (I like easy as you can see lol).
  • mrsregalado
    mrsregalado Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cranberry chicken salad. Add the spices you prefer to the chicken breast and bake.shred the chicken,add cranberries, green apple chuncks, grapes, walnuts, celery, and light mayo
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Chicken with grilled eggplant and zucchini, roasted butternut squash, a Moroccan spiced chickpea tomato and spinach stew, herby yoghurt dressing and pomegranate arils
    Couscous with chicken, dried apricots, roasted cauliflower and carrots and almonds
    Chicken, mango, green beans, broccoli and a curry dressing
    Chicken, goat cheese and muhammara sandwich/wrap