Ozeri Touch scale?

Options
z304
z304 Posts: 84 Member
Does anyone have and like or dislike the Ozeri Touch kitchen scale?

I love how it looks and that there's no space around the buttons for flour to get into, and I'd assume 4.5/5 stars from over 1,000 reviews means it's pretty good, but some of the comments about inaccuracy have me nervous...

http://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-Professional-Digital-Kitchen-Tempered/dp/B003MSZBSI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I have that one and like it. I don't think I've had inaccuracy issues, but I haven't double checked to see. Amazon has a good return policy, so there's always that option if you decide you don't like it.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have that scale. I like it. I'm on my second one now. My first one started malfunctioning when it was a little over 1.5 yrs old (used multiple times daily/dropped a few times). I contacted the company about it to see if there was anything I could do to get it working properly again or if I just needed to buy a new one. They gave me 2 options. First choice was them sending me an "open box" scale (box slightly damaged in shipping, but otherwise brand new scale) and I send back the defective scale. Second choice was a coupon for 20% off of a new scale.
    I went with the first choice and the "open box" was a box that was slightly dented on one side. I thought it was pretty awesome for them to send me a new one even though I was outside of the warranty period.

As for accuracy, I test mine with a 5 lb dumbbell once a month. Now the counter it's on has to be clean. If it's sitting on a dirty surface the weight will fluctuate wildly. When my one started malfunctioning it wasn't registering brand new batteries unless you took them out and put them in multiple times.

If you do get it, buy the batteries for it from amazon. They are a lot cheaper on amazon than in stores. I bought a bulk pack of 20 for less than $10 ($5 + tax for 1 or 2 at the stores around me).
  • Bronty3
    Bronty3 Posts: 104 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-Digital-Multifunction-Kitchen-Elegant/dp/B004164SRA/ref=pd_sim_79_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=16G924ET2960XK4V857C

I use this one and love it. It's also Ozeri but has 4,000 reviews and 4.5 stars. I went through two scales in like 6 months because they weren't accurate or quit working. I test my scale's accuracy by putting a nickel on it. It should read 5 grams.

Edit: I realized I was bad and didn't fully read or passed over the whole button issue before I recommended one. I haven't had problems with stuff getting around the buttons but I don't use flour a ton. I had a scale that was flat, like this design, but the scale was off depending on placement on the scale. I also had a problem with the touch button not recognizing my touch for awhile, but it wasn't the Ozeri brand.