Quick and healthy breakfast ideas?

On a 1200 net calories plan. I think one of the things hurting me is that I'm not getting a good breakfast. I have a 3 year old and an 8 week old so I'm running around in the morning trying to take care of them and get them fed. I need something quick and good to jumpstart the day. Right now I'm just grabbing a 100 cal granola bar that probably has a ton of sugar and no protein. Ideas?

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Oatmeal, the real stuff. About five minutes in microwave. I add almond milk, salt, chia seeds, strawberries, blueberries, banana and walnuts. Love it! If you are on a 1200 plan you will need to cut back on some stuff. I use it to refuel after a run.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    In the morning I dont have much time at all, so for me what works is my oatmeal, 44g old fashion oats+ 8 oz water , 2 minutedms in the microwave and it's done.
    Then I just add my PB, or jelly or fruits.

You could also do the night before eggs boiled and eat that with some toast in the morning, or do overnight oatmeal or pre chop all your veggies and do a quick omelette in the morning.

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I make frittatas that I can eat all week before work. I have 1-2 minutes to put it on a plate and warm it up.
  • amandakatherine968
    amandakatherine968 Posts: 13 Member
    Hard boiled eggs are a good idea. Something I can make the night before and eat one handed while feeding a baby is ideal, lol.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Another oatmeal fan! I take 1/3 cup (26 grams) and microwave it with water (for one minute). Add 1 tb of peanut butter (16 grams) and one container of dannon fit and lite greek yogurt. Totals less than 300 calories. Some times I add fruit. It is very filling. Lasts until lunch.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    oatmeal- only takes a few mins or bake ahead
    eggs, boiled fried scrambled, or make ahead in a quiche
    yogurt w/ berries/ granola
    toast/mini bagels with cream cheese
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Why is your calorie goal so low? You'd get a lot more food mileage with a higher calorie intake, especially since you only have 23 more pounds to lose.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Almonds and a piece of fruit.
  • HikeCyclist
    HikeCyclist Posts: 153 Member
    I have a 4 month old and on probably 4/7 days I make oatmeal w/ eggs over easy. Takes 5-7 mins to make, literally.
  • amandakatherine968
    Thanks everyone!
  • amandakatherine968
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Why is your calorie goal so low? You'd get a lot more food mileage with a higher calorie intake, especially since you only have 23 more pounds to lose.

I just plugged in the info and that's what it said. I usually take in more calories and I exercise. Although I have a hard time finding the time to exercise bc it's too hot to take the baby out in the stroller most days. I'm only 5 feet tall and very petite build.
  • amandakatherine968
    Losing weight gained during my second pregnancy FYI.
  • breckrose
    breckrose Posts: 10 Member
    edited August 2015
    Scottish Eggs - hard boiled eggs wrapped in turkey sausage, coat with light flour, eggs/egg white and panko crumbs. Bake on rack of cookie sheet 45 minutes. Make ahead and eat all week.

You can get about 7 eggs out of one roll of turkey sausage
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    On a 1200 net calories plan. I think one of the things hurting me is that I'm not getting a good breakfast. I have a 3 year old and an 8 week old so I'm running around in the morning trying to take care of them and get them fed. I need something quick and good to jumpstart the day. Right now I'm just grabbing a 100 cal granola bar that probably has a ton of sugar and no protein. Ideas?

Grab a low carb Bread with a slice of cheese/cheese stick