Fitbit scales.

Options
Hi everyone, I recently purchased fitbit charge hr and love it. Does anybody have the fitbit wifi scales? I was thinking of getting them but at £90 I wanted to see people's views on them if u currently use them. Are they worth the money? Is it best to just manually change your weight each time? What else do they measure ect?

Many thanks

Ant x

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I love never having to log my weight—and the Fitbit Aria wifi scale comes in black. But the body fat measurement is useless. It sends a pulse up one leg and down the other, then guesstimates your upper body.

Whatever scale you use, sync your Fitbit account with Trendweight.com (it's free) to see your trend without the "noise" of water weight.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I love mine and have my fitBit force and scale sync to MFP too. I like being able to chart my weight over the year and see patterns that develop. Although the body fat has many critics I don't use it for the accuracy but it does let me see if it is increasing or decreasing. I will get the charge if the force ever dies. I have had both for 20 months and highly recommend.
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I had an Aria and loved it. When it broke (don't know what happened. It just died after a year.) I got a Withings because I'd gotten hooked on the wifi syncing and couldn't imagine going back to a regular scale.

(The Withings is nice too.)
  • Kr15by
    Kr15by Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Waste of money in my opinion. The weight readings fluctiates too much and the bodyfat % readings are way off and inconsistent.