not diet.lifestyle

Options
Hello, im new here and i wanted to ask.I did a diet but i was always tired and angry, so i want to incorporate healthy habits. Which ones do you consider more important

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What is your goal?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get enough protein. That's going to be important in feeling satisfied and having some energy.
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,610 Member
    Options
    Most people here follow CICO (cals in, cals out) and most don't consider it a "diet" per say. I eat only foods I love and enjoy but I weigh and measure everything, enter it into my MFP food diary, and make sure it fits my macros. Macros are proteins, carbs, fats. When you set up your membership here MFP will suggest what your cal intake should be to lose weight and meet your goal weight. I don't find myself to be angry or hungry or tired for that matter. And I've lost about 16 lbs in the past year. I do try to incorporate healthy habits and foods (that I love) all within the MFP framework. You can do this and your don't have to be miserable.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy food and exercise. Sounds easier than it is when you've never done those things, lol, but that's the ticket!
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 50s and this is my umpteenth weight loss attempt and the only one that has worked to take off all the excess weight. I'm now successfully maintaining my weight ... still logging in MyFitnessPal. That's the lifestyle change -- I'm logging indefinitely. That awareness has finally given me the self-control I've always needed to manage my weight.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, not drinking calories seems to make the biggest difference. After that, weighing my foods makes the biggest difference.

For overall health, not watching TV every night/playing video games for 4 hours seems to have made the biggest difference (since now I'm not sitting on my butt as much). Second place would be walking every day.
  • vidalsouza6
    vidalsouza6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Its because im moving to college and im doing pretty strictes now, so i want to ease a little on me but still be healthy. What would you recomwnd?
  • lillivanilli90
    lillivanilli90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If your looking for a lifestyle change, trying a whole30 could be a good option. You can go to the whole30 website and it will give you all the details. I have had trouble dieting in the past and this was exactly what I was looking for.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Eat healthy food and exercise. Sounds easier than it is when you've never done those things, lol, but that's the ticket!

This is so true ^^^
    Once I made the changes and saw the results I was sold on MFP or the CICO method, it just works. I am so much better off now. I am healthy, fit and feel great. Now I think this is easy.

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Whole 30 for a college student? I don't see this in any way practical.

Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial
    Do not consume alcohol in any form
    Do not eat grains
    Do not eat legumes
    Do not eat dairy
    Do not consume carrageenan, MSG or sulfites

• iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Measure what you eat and pay attention to portion sizes. That was my mistake, and seems to be a lot of people's mistake. You will be surprised how much a portion actually is. Buy a food scale, and prepare your own food.
  • Haegar62
    Haegar62 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    put in all your numbers in MFP and say that you want to stay at the weight you are or loose some and it will tell you how much cal you can eat per day. Do that and if it feels OK and you want to loose faster then lower it with maybe 100 cal less and see how you feel. every body is different you for one person it is 1200 another 1400 another again 1600. MFP suggested that I eat 1650 when i started i was feeling headache all the time and not good so i raised the cal value until i felt OK and stayed there OK i will maybe lose weight slower but i will probably stay the course because i feel OK and no bad
  • vidalsouza6
    vidalsouza6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been on a diet for a long time and eating really low carb. This week i tried to eat "normal" and i ate for lunch rice with squid, and some chicken coated with bread crumbs, and i ate normal portions… i ate healthy and night and worked all day
    But i weighted myself today (i ate the rice 3 hours before that) and i weighted 5 pounds more… is it normal? What can i do?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I have been on a diet for a long time and eating really low carb. This week i tried to eat "normal" and i ate for lunch rice with squid, and some chicken coated with bread crumbs, and i ate normal portions… i ate healthy and night and worked all day
    But i weighted myself today (i ate the rice 3 hours before that) and i weighted 5 pounds more… is it normal? What can i do?

If you eat low carb usually, then eating more carbohydrates can result in gaining some water weight. It's totally normal. Also, if you weigh yourself while the food is still in your system, you will weigh more -- your body is still processing the food. It's better to pick a specific time of day to weigh yourself and don't worry about what the scale says the rest of the day. Many people choose the first thing in the morning, before any food is eaten.