New goals, new me?

Options
Just rejoined MFP. I'm extremely overweight with a BMI of 43. I'm on 23 years old and I just had my first baby 5 months ago. I want to be healthier for me and her. I want to encourage her to be healthy. How can I do that when I'm am obese? So, I set my new goal, I want to lose 4 pounds a month. I need to lose 110 pounds-literally HALF of what I weigh now (I'm only 5' tall). So I am starting an new lifestyle, not a diet. The biggest weight loss I've ever had has been 40 lbs and I relapsed and now weigh more than I ever have. So here's to day 1 of the rest of my life! I will win this battle I've fought practically all of my life!

Replies

• lisajahn3
    lisajahn3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love the way you say you are starting a new lifestyle! I understand the need to lose over 100 pounds and the yoyo dieting. I wish I would have started at 23 too, right after my first child! He is now 30 years old! But the important thing is I started! talk to you soon!
  • xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You are awesome for starting! You can do this! I am 23 years old as well and still have the baby weight and more from my almost 4 year old lol. Adding you now :)
  • Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'll add you - I'm a bit older than you at 35 but need to loose a similar amount of weight and stop blaming it on the baby lol :D