Waking up the morning to excersize?

Options
Does anybody do this? Has it showed any significant improvement in your weight loss? I'm not sure if I want to wake myself up at 6am and go run but maybe if it's worth it!... Feedback please (:

Replies

• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    no different weightloss-wise to exercising at any other time of day, but i do love an early morning run, partly because its cooler, theres noone else about, it wakes me up better than any coffee and it means ive done my workout early and dont have to try and fit it into the day later
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Working out in the morning allows me to break up my workouts into shorter periods, therefore making them less daunting for me. One in the morning, one at night. Each 30 - 45 min.
  • Growe190
    Growe190 Posts: 18
    Options
    I get up everyday at 4:30 AM, I do 30 minutes on my stationary bike, and 30 minutes on my rowing machne. The only advantage is I don't have to worry about it the rest of the day, or if I do miss it for some reason I still have the rest of the day to catch up.
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love to workout in the morning. I am energized for the rest of the day. I usually do some form of cardio in the morning and then if I have time I will do some strength training after work. I have not noticed a difference in my weight loss, but if I workout in the morning I am guaranteed to get exercise in every day.
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    For me, I don't see a difference weight-loss wise, but I do, however, see a difference mentally! When I wake up early, initially I am groggy and wish I was still sleeping. But once I get past that and force myself to run, I end up feeling so much more energized throughout the day and just having more pep in my step in general! I think it's worth it :-)
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am definitely all about the early morning workouts. Otherwise I spend the entire day worrying about when to fit it in, and that way I don't have to. I don't think it makes any real difference when you workout as long as you do. It is just more of a personal preference.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I always try to get in my morning workout. That way, no matter what the day brings I know I've gotten at least that much done. I fit in more in the evening when I can, but some days that just isn't possible. Giving up the hour of sleep actually gives me more energy - both physical and mental. It feels so good to know you started your day the right way.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I ran 3x/week last summer. Would wake up at about 8 and get out the door at about 8:20 so I could be done by 9 when it would be about 90 degrees already (TX) and then I'd have to eat a big breakfast. The rest of the day I'd be super hungry so I knew my metabolism was revved. It also encouraged me to eat better throughout the day since I knew I worked out, that it would be pointless to eat bad since I had such a great workout! I'm about to start doing this again this summer to see if I can get the last 20 off 'cause I've been slackin'! And sleeping in too late. :happy:
  • Shushonet
    Shushonet Posts: 37
    Options
    The only change morning workout did for me is waking me up. I'm super evil on the early hours, and workout just wakes me up and I don't come to work all blurry and sad.
  • wjkirby
    wjkirby Posts: 120
    Options
    I get up early enough to do 30-45 minutes of either walking, walk/run or stationary bike. I also try to get in 30-60 minutes in the evenings of walking and/or weights when I can do it. I do my morning workouts before breakfast to allow my body to hopefully burn some of the fat stores. I also find working out early helps me actually control my eating during the day. If I workout I actually eat less and feel less hungry than I do if I skip the workout.
  • queenb52
    queenb52 Posts: 1
    Options
    Definitely!
  • 512cheangela
    512cheangela Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm a huge advocate of cardio in the morning, strength in the afternoon/evening. Several books dote upon the idea that cardio burns off glycogen stores first then moves on to true fat burn. Glycogen levels are apparently lower in the morning, so you are getting more of a fat burn when you work out in the morning. But personally, I just like starting the day feeling energized and empowered!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    It won't make you lose faster, but it does have benefits like makng you have more energy throughout the day, getting your workout out of the way so you can't put it off later, etc.
  • sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Options
    This is something I would really like to do, however, getting myself out of bed in the morning can be a real struggle. I am very familiar with the snooze button and in my half-asleep mode can justify staying in bed until the very last minute very easily.

Does anyone have any tips on how I might be able to get up an extra hour early? I know I should just have the willpower but at that time in the morning, it's very lost!
  • caralynnxo
    caralynnxo Posts: 16
    Options
    Interesting! This inspired me, I think i might just get up tomorrow morning and do it! Haha thank you :)