Soda Alternatives

I was hoping that a few people out there will have a few suggestions. I have never been big on water at work. I drink it in the gym and when working outside, but during the day it does nothing for me. And flavored water, lemonade or the drops does not get me there either.

My normal default at work is soda. I do not do coffee, and I do not do diet. I have significantly cut back on my soda, but it is still there, but I am looking for something better. I mean Sweet Tea still has all the Calories, Gatorade and Snapple seems to too. I switched to Milk at one point, good source of protein but the calories are still there and with me traveling carrying a gallon of milk is not practical.

Are there other alternatives that I am not thinking about? And is Tea really any better then Soda. I am starting to wonder if a less acidic diet / cleaner diet (though I am far from clean) might help which is part of why I ask.

Thank-you,

Replies

• nbgal65
    nbgal65 Posts: 1 Member
    How about flavored sparkling water? I crave the fizz so that works for me. If you really really need a soda get the small cans instead of bottled or the larger 12oz. You'll save half the calories yet feel satisfied.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    Juice, but that has calories, too. If you mix it with water, there will be fewer calories per glass.

I cannot think of another beverage. Broth/stock, but that's not really something most people drink.
  • meanz71
    meanz71 Posts: 8 Member
    I bought Coke Zero as a treat here and there. It tastes pretty close to the real thing.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Is there a problem with diet soda for you? Or are you just trying to cut out ALL oda?
  • Mizz_Mo
    Mizz_Mo Posts: 64 Member
    Raw Kombucha tea is fizzy and has probiotics (similar to yogurt). I really enjoy GT's Enlightened brand (though some of the claims on the label are not accurate). Here is a great article on some of the benefits: http://www.phoenixhelix.com/2013/03/25/kombucha-myths-vs-truths/
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I don't have a problem with artificial sweeteners, so I sometimes drink diet coke or diet ginger ale, and I sometimes drink those flavored waters. However, if you prefer to avoid them, I've found that chilling an herbal tea tastes really good. I don't add sugar.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    I would try sparkling flavored waters, or even just adding some fruit or cucumber to plain water to make an infused water.