how to get rid of the muffin top??? lol

Options
Hi iv noticed that there is one main area that i find really hard to shift and its the 'muffin top' does anyone have any ideas or food or exercises that could help me shift it lol i have no idea :D

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    cardio, cardio, and pretty much more cardio im afraid
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    You're not going to like the answer but.....cardio. :)

You have to burn the fat. Wear larger pants LOL> I also do a bunch of oblique work when I do abs, and really have found that the P90X core synergistic video is wonderful for a slimmer/stronger middle. :)
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have been doing cardio(elliptical and walking) since I started here in March of this year. My muffin top is becoming a mini muffin top. I need to start doing crunches, and that sort of thing to really make it strink.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    cardio, cardio, and pretty much more cardio im afraid

Add a tone of core workouts as well, specifically exercises that target the obliques (muscles on the side of your core) if you've got love handles.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You need to lower your body fat percentage. So that means, eating clean, cardio to burn calories and weights to gain muscle to increase your metabolism.
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bump:laugh:
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Yep, like the last post; cardio is the way to go! Some say a low carb diet helps too and sucking in your gut while doing ab exercises helps pull the tummy in. But, overall in order to lose the excess weight in the middle cardio is necessary.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Eat clean! No salt, no sugar!
    A good combo of cardio & weight training!

You can't spot reduce, as women that is one of the places that we "deposit" fat...
    Eating clean will do wonders, the cardio & weights will finish up what the clean eating started. :)
  • Kdubs162
    Kdubs162 Posts: 1
    Options
    kennie123 is right. 45 minutes to 1 hour of straight cardio per day along with staying with your calculated calorie intake should do it.
  • srb1990
    srb1990 Posts: 37
    Options
    awww thanks guys that was a quick response...i dont mind doing cardio i just dont want to lose my bottom half lol so i will do more cardio while doing weights on my bottom half and core and toning exercises on my upper :D thanks
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    I second the "wear larger pants". You won't get muffin top if you wear pants that fit you correctly (I have this problem all the time.)

To get rid of the fat there--cardio and more cardio, plus tummy toning workouts to tone the muscle that's underneath. You really do need to up the cardio (and watch your eating) to get rid of the excess fat, though. Otherwise the muscle toning won't do much for the muffin top (just make you have a six-pack once all the fat's gone).
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Remember it is 80% food. Try low carb, cardio along with circuit training. You would get great results from 30 day Shred (30 min) by Jillian Michaels. Two weeks of do that I lost 4 inches along with a healthy diet.

You will see results!!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

You can't spot reduce, as women that is one of the places that we "deposit" fat...
    Eating clean will do wonders, the cardio & weights will finish up what the clean eating started. :)

This. Ab workouts do very little if anything for reducing stomachs. Making your abs stronger will help with the 6 pack only if you have little stomach fat and they need a little extra encouragement to show through.
    kennie123 is right. 45 minutes to 1 hour of straight cardio per day along with staying with your calculated calorie intake should do it.

Be very careful with this. This high intensity cardio will burn muscle along with that fat. I would suggest not as long. When you lift, lift heavy so that you increase your strength. This will allow you to see the muscle through the fat and it will also help burn off the extra fat.
  • srb1990
    Options

This. Ab workouts do very little if anything for reducing stomachs. Making your abs stronger will help with the 6 pack only if you have little stomach fat and they need a little extra encouragement to show through.

Be very careful with this. This high intensity cardio will burn muscle along with that fat. I would suggest not as long. When you lift, lift heavy so that you increase your strength. This will allow you to see the muscle through the fat and it will also help burn off the extra fat.

that is exactly what i need to do...i dont want to lose my bottom half size just make it more toned so i need to replace the fat with muscle but still look toned...

its not an easy thing to achieve yano 'the perfect body' and im not making it easier by wanting a specific shape lol but im just gonna eat healthy...work my butt off with cardio...and build my strength with weights :D thanks
  • srb1990
    Options
    I second the "wear larger pants". You won't get muffin top if you wear pants that fit you correctly (I have this problem all the time.)

To get rid of the fat there--cardio and more cardio, plus tummy toning workouts to tone the muscle that's underneath. You really do need to up the cardio (and watch your eating) to get rid of the excess fat, though. Otherwise the muscle toning won't do much for the muffin top (just make you have a six-pack once all the fat's gone).

i would wear larger pants lol my hips seem to be a size bigger than my legs its so awkward lol...hey im just gonna work until my my lower half is exactly a size bigger than my top half...not an easy task :D
  • takingbackmylife
    takingbackmylife Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with Pavrati. Also, buy pants that aren't so low rise..muffin top became a problem when lowrise pants became fashionable :) also I saw some things mentioned about 45 mins to an hour of cardio....if cardio is done right you truly only need 20-30 mins of high intensity...get in, work hard and be done! Best of luck!