Need some motivation

Options
Hey everyone, my name is Cody!

I rarely get on social media, much less a community forum for weight loss! Either way, I want to make a change. It's been way too long since I have been happy with myself. I'm overweight, out of shape and low on desire.

My friends and family have attempted to talk with me and help me get healthier, but I always brushed it off. I never thought it was that big of a deal. Until now.

I don't express my inner self to people in the real world. Hopefully this is where I can get support that I feel is needed to get me going.
I would love nothing more than a few weight loss buddies!

Thanks for seeing the entire post through. Have a great day!

Replies

• jftypes
    jftypes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started using this app today. Haven't had a chance to check out the community much but it looks like there is great support on here. You sound ready to make a change. Let's do this!!
  • wesjack777
    wesjack777 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'll add you mate.
    Sound like me 8 months ago.
    The app is really good.
    Put your goals in, log your food each day and stick the the plan it says. It will work and you can do it!!

I want to see you've logged in tomorrow!

Wes
  • ReannaHolland333
    ReannaHolland333 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Baby steps!! Don't overload yourself. But don't go too easy on yourself either. Find your happy-medium. Once you've done that. You can dive a little deeper. You've got the craving. &&That's the first step!! Once you start seeing results. Even little ones.... It nearly becomes addicting. Can't wait to see what strides you'll make! You got this!!!☺️
  • albatraoz_clc
    albatraoz_clc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Cody! Welcome to MFP!! You made an awesome decision, this place is a great place to find the support and accountability to reach your goals. I was in the exact same spot as you were just a little over 2 months ago and have since lost almost 50lbs. Believe me, if I can do this- so can you!! I'll add you and hopefully we can help eachother out in this journey
  • dieselkid59
    dieselkid59 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can do it bud! It's hard, I know but just take it slow and keep a positive attitude and you can do this.