Feel sick after eating protein

Options
Can anyone relate? I have a history of acid reflux and currently take meds. I've been noticing that lately I feel slightly sick after eating protein. I guess more after eating meat.. Although yesterday it was after eating some almonds that did it. I plan to discuss withy dr obviously but just wondering if anyone has come across this. I just generally tend to feel much better, happier, healthier etc when I eat more carbs than protein. Thanks

Replies

• YamiElisa
    YamiElisa Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Is it any particular sort of protein? I have acid reflux too and have been on meds for years now. I find that chicken and turkey are the most easily digestible for me. Might just be you need to identify the right meat for you! Yoghurt is my other major protein source.

Edit: I missed where you said almonds - perhaps nuts aren't good for you, they can be pretty hard to digest sometimes.
  • YamiElisa
    YamiElisa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I don't get physically ill, but do have a weighed-down feeling with meat. It just sits in there being all heavy. Greasy, red meat (like a burger) gives me an all-over kind of blech, but, again, not actually sick.

I just don't feel as vibrant when I have meat as when I don't. I prefer a more plant-based diet, but am not a vegetarian. As a child, I didn't want meat and used to fight with my mother over making me eat it. Not from an ethical viewpoint - I was like six years old and hadn't even heard of vegetarians...may not have even known meat came from animals - I just didn't want it. My entire life, I've skipped steak. Even my mother didn't try to make me eat steak. That was a losing battle for her, lol.

I've always preferred carbs, my whole life. I know people like steak, I just don't know why.

I did like burgers, but they're out now and I don't even miss them.