Its been 3 weeks and have not shed anything???

Options
I have been eating healthy, and working out 4-5 times a week. i have weight myself weekly but i maintained the weight no change, yet my pants size 15 have gone very lose and my waist looks smaller and my legs more toned, but the scale isnt showing it.................

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Mew muscles will retain water for repair dont look at the scale for at least 3 weeks.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary and tell us what kind of exercise you are doing and for how long?
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Progress pictures and measurements. Scales are evil
  • lindsey0724
    lindsey0724 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Agreed with @iseed87. Don't pay attention to what the scale says - as long as you're noticing a physical change and feeling more toned, then you're on the right track! Progress pictures are always more accurate than scale numbers.
  • wildrosewood
    wildrosewood Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'd say keep doing what you're doing. If you've lost inches, that means you've probably lost fat and gained muscle! As long as you're accurate in your logging, you should be just fine.
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat! :)
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    The people saying that you have gained muscle are incorrect. You are simply not gaining muscle on a caloric deficit. But I'm not even sure if you actually are in a deficit because if you were you'd be losing weight. Get a food scale, weigh your food, if its a liquid use a measuring cup. Log meticulously. Condiments, oils, toppings log them all..
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Rushgirl82 wrote: »

omg No it doesn't. .

A pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle.
    simply put, muscle takes up less space than fat.

• Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have been eating healthy, and working out 4-5 times a week. i have weight myself weekly but i maintained the weight no change, yet my pants size 15 have gone very lose and my waist looks smaller and my legs more toned, but the scale isnt showing it.................

then you are doing something right and you are shrinking! congrats! Get a tape measure to measure your waist and neck and bust. the scale isnt the only thing that tells you that you are losing weight!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

No, actually they weigh exactly the same. A pound is a pound.

OP, you say eating healthy, but are you in a deficit? Additionally, often, water retention as the muscles repair can mask a loss.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

No it doesn't, it just takes up less room.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options

omg No it doesn't. .

Yes, it does. An INCH of muscle on your thigh weighs more than an INCH of fat on your thigh. This is not a pound of feathers/pound of stones question. Calm down.

To Nicole: If your waist has shrunk and you're seeing more muscles, that's more important than a few pounds on the scale. Like the first person said, you'll get there. Weight follows, but your body is clearly taking shape- congratulations!!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    The people saying that you have gained muscle are incorrect. You are simply not gaining muscle on a caloric deficit. But I'm not even sure if you actually are in a deficit because if you were you'd be losing weight. Get a food scale, weigh your food, if its a liquid use a measuring cup. Log meticulously. Condiments, oils, toppings log them all..

+1. OP, how long have you been doing this new routine? Are you weighing yourself accurately as well? In the same conditions each time? (i.e. in the morning, before eating etc).
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options

omg No it doesn't. .

Yes, it does. An INCH of muscle on your thigh weighs more than an INCH of fat on your thigh. This is not a pound of feathers/pound of stones question. Calm down.

To Nicole: If your waist has shrunk and you're seeing more muscles, that's more important than a few pounds on the scale. Like the first person said, you'll get there. Weight follows, but your body is clearly taking shape- congratulations!!

Ok, but also OP didn't gain muscle and lose fat at the same rate in the last 3 weeks. As others have said, it's likely water retention from her new exercise routines.
  • Christine_72
    Options

omg No it doesn't. .

It's just an oft repeated statement here... particularly when someone is in a deficit, which makes it near impossible to gain true muscle weight.

f7q6ciuq821a.png

• mkzara
    mkzara Posts: 73 Member
    Options

omg No it doesn't. .

Yes the poster was definitely saying 1lb of muscle weighs less than 1lb of fat, not that they occupy space differently. I don't understand the need of some to be fussy with word choice when the meaning is clear.
  • Christine_72
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Can someone explain how 1lb of fat is less than 1lb of muscle? :huh: Obviously I'm not reading it correctly...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain how 1lb of fat is less than 1lb of muscle? :huh: Obviously I'm not reading it correctly...

It isn't. The response wasn't "Remember muscle is denser than fat", it said that muscle weighs more than fat. You're correct.