Skinny Pop!!! What's everyone opinion about it

Options
how much have u had in one day, is it good to indulge in?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    If I want some popcorn, I have one 100-calorie bag.

I try not to have a large amount of anything. Everything in moderation. ;)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    it's what it says it is - a popcorn snack. All the nutrition information is there on the label. have some when you want. If you are eating other things, as you should, there shouldn't be any problem, as long as it fits into your calorie deficit.
  • BrianaDuBois
    BrianaDuBois Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I bought it and it was ok for me to munch on through a movie at home. It's pretty bland, though (compared to other buttered popcorn).
    If it's a more buttery taste you're looking for, try the Quaker buttered popcorn rice cakes. I never would've considered them, but picked them up on a whim one day and they're SO good. Plus, they're only 35 calories per cake.
    Since I like kettle corn, I recently tried the "slightly sweet" Boom chicka pop popcorn. 1 oz (can't remember the grams) is only 130 calories and makes a pretty nice bowl.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Do you have room in your allotment? If yes, you're golden.
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've never had Skinny Pop, but I'm getting ready to pop some popcorn which fits nicely into my deficit with a little to spare.
  • Nickeybody
    Nickeybody Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like it but I think I ate wayyyy to much it is kinda bland but it's nice to snack on
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I bought it and it was ok for me to munch on through a movie at home. It's pretty bland, though (compared to other buttered popcorn).
    If it's a more buttery taste you're looking for, try the Quaker buttered popcorn rice cakes. I never would've considered them, but picked them up on a whim one day and they're SO good. Plus, they're only 35 calories per cake.
    Since I like kettle corn, I recently tried the "slightly sweet" Boom chicka pop popcorn. 1 oz (can't remember the grams) is only 130 calories and makes a pretty nice bowl.

Wow, I just looked at the Skinny Pop during my last grocery trip. When I didn't see any "flavors", I put it back, lol. I am going to try those other two (love butter and kettle corn).
  • Coley88
    Coley88 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love Nearly Naked popcorn. I did, however, just get home from the grocery store. While I was there I bought a bag of the hatch green chile flavored Skinny Pop.
  • BrianaDuBois
    BrianaDuBois Posts: 48 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ohmscheeks wrote: »

Wow, I just looked at the Skinny Pop during my last grocery trip. When I didn't see any "flavors", I put it back, lol. I am going to try those other two (love butter and kettle corn).

The only thing I really liked about skinny pop was that it comes pre-portioned. When I watched a movie yesterday, I was good and weighed out exactly however many grams the boom chicka pop serving is and exactly how many grams of dark chocolate and put it away before the movie.
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like it when it is in the pre portioned bags. Quick easy snack.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I actually find that a nice bag of orville redenbachers fat free or pop secret 94% fat free has a better calorie bang for the buck than skinny pop. I won't buy it.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I actually find that a nice bag of orville redenbachers fat free or pop secret 94% fat free has a better calorie bang for the buck than skinny pop. I won't buy it.

yep same here :)

I make room lol
    also orville and i eat a lot of it 240 to 300 calories worth ( 2 to 2.5 servings)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I make room lol
    also orville and i eat a lot of it 240 to 300 calories worth ( 2 to 2.5 servings)

I know that 240 bag very well. Very well.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I love Skinny Pop but can't have it in my house. I eat way too much!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I don't care much for pre-popped popcorn. It always tastes stale to me. I just pour 1/4 cup of plain popcorn kernels into a paper lunch bag, roll it down, microwave it for two minutes, and melt a little coconut oil on it before I sprinkle in some salt and shake the bag to coat everything. Healthy, cheap, portion-controlled, and delicious.
  • cherries12345
    cherries12345 Posts: 70 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I like Quaker Smart Pop better! I stumbled upon it when I was looking for Skinny Pop,and it's really good! I doubt everyone would like it though because it has a sweeter taste as opposed to a salty, buttery popcorn taste, but that's what I really like about it! It's also only a 100 cal, 0 trans fat,etc.
    Edit: You also pop it fresh, so it's extra good.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    What's a skinny pop? Sounds like something I'd call my grandpa.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I agree. and the price isn't that great on the skinny pop either.