My body image after weight loss is affecting my realationship

Options
I'm a 23 yr old female who has lost 230 pounds over the last 3-4 years. I have saggy skin everywhere, stretch marks everywhere, and my breasts are basically non existent now. I am not in anyway shape or form comfortable with my body, and I know that's a problem. It has been affecting my relationship with my boyfriend. I have been with him over a year and will not let him see me or be intimate with him because I'm extremely embarrassed. I just want to me happy with myself and my boyfriend. I need advice.

Replies

• MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If he stuck with you at your highest, then he'll stick with you at your saggiest.
    He loves you for you.

In order to gain some sort of self esteem and confidence I would recommend journaling or starting a weight loss blog.

I dont know, but these issues are only curable through yourself, we cant be much of help :/
  • chey282
    chey282 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Maybe some counseling? I'm considering it myself, I've lost 55 lbs, have 40 to go, I still feel like I'm the same weight, still see myself the same, even tho, I went from a size 26 to an 18. I have a hard time seeing the weight loss, I only see what's still left! Maybe try some soft lights, candlelight, tell him how nervous you are, get a sexy nighty you can keep on and go for it!!!!!
  • MarthaLeliefeld
    MarthaLeliefeld Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would suggest reading Bodypeace by Heather Waxman. It will definitely help your mindset become more positive on the outlook on your new body :)
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    @Amberrv33 I used to feel really embarrassed about my body after having 4 kids & didn't want to be naked in front of my husband. One day he told me something that changed everything. He said basically that women judge each other & women judge themselves. Women are hard on themselves & focus only on the flaws. He said, "Men just like to see naked chicks. Period." He went on to say that I don't have to look like a super model to turn him on. He said, "Just get naked in my bed & have fun with me. Believe me, I will never complain or probably even notice whatever flaws you see in your body."

If your boyfriend loves you, he'll accept you & just be happy to be with you. :smile:

• AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    JustChristy79, that is fabulous advice!