Hi all! Starting over, again! Looking for support, motivation and to give some in return.

Options
momrox2011
momrox2011 Posts: 15 Member
edited August 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all! I'm a 47 yr old Mom of 3, older children 17+, and work full time. I have had a problem with yo-yo weight for some years now. I start off great with eating right, logging in my food diary and exercising, but, then life gets in the way, LOL, and I loose my motivation. My children are physically fit adults now, so, I did a great job with them. But, I forgot about myself! I think it would be great to have some support, motivation, and to make some new friends to keep each other on track. Please feel free to add me.

Replies

• excitedinbillings
    excitedinbillings Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again today as well. I'm 50, work full-time and it seems that with each passing year I gain more weight. I recently went to an event where my photo was taken and looking at the photo is my motivation. That simply isn't me. I have a supportive boyfriend who would like to lose a bit of weight as well so we can work together for awhile. My journey will be a lot longer, but I feel like I'm ready to make this a lifestyle change. I love food and we love cooking together. I think the key for me is to learn to make healthy recipes that taste as good as the unhealthy recipes and to increase my exercise a lot. I feel good about this. I'm not beating myself up this time. Just visualizing how much fun it will be to shop for clothes again when I've lost 65 pounds. I wish you well in your journey!
  • sharneymc59
    sharneymc59 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you i am 56 and really struggling to lose weight just started and feel motivated with filling in diary
    and logging my food going for walks , hopefully make better choices this time
  • curlyhairmom
    curlyhairmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So you are in good company. I totally echo your posts. I'm also 47 with 2 kids and work full time. I had done a medically supervised program around 3 years ago and lost close to 30 pounds in 12 weeks, but it's all back now. :( I want to lose the weight for good, but not go back to the other program. I know if I track what I eat and exercise daily it will come off. My husband and I are also celebrating our 25th anniversary this year and are going on a cruise. I don't want to be the largest person by the pool!
  • sjkerr730
    sjkerr730 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looks like we are all in this together! I restarted this morning. I am ready to do it FOR GOOD this time. No more yo-yo, no more fads, just clean weight loss.
  • mgs4real
    mgs4real Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Something snapped in me about two months ago. I have grandchildren I adore and my blood pressure was creeping up and I felt icky from all (and I do mean ALL) the extra weight - I hit 279 on the scale! SO SCARY! Then I was watching Steve Harvey one day and these two ladies came out who had just lost 56 pounds each doing what they called "the 90 Day Challenge." I listened to their stories. I'm the woman, who TRIES to eat a fairly healthy diet, fresh foods, veggies, fruits, proteins - I fix and cook most everything myself from scratch --- BUT I am ALSO the woman who loves desserts, pies, cakes, ice cream; mayonnaise on my sandwiches; butter on my french breads - lots of butter. One of the ladies on Steve Harvey said, "If I really want that piece of carrot cake, I can have it -- on my 91st day!!" That really struck me as THE TRUTH! I could do THAT! So I looked at the calendar and counted by hand - 90 days - which took me to Sept. 4, 2015. And my vow to myself was, "I won't have ANYTHING I know is BAD FOR ME." And I KNOW KNOW KNOW what is BAD for me.....all the above!!! I started the first week in June. (btw I treated myself to a brand new digital scale that I bought on sale at Costco - and patted myself on the back for doing that!) I've lost 20 --- a REAL 20 --- pounds. I am beginning to feel like what the one lady said, too. I felt it last night. I feel like I will be ready for my SECOND 90 day challenge when this first one is over !!! I am using MyFitnessPal on my computer and my smart phone to track everything! My favorite part is when you Complete Entry for the day - you get a reward - when it tells you if you keep this up how much you will weigh in 5 weeks! That's so smart and helpful and I love that feature. Keeps me going !!! Oh. I also treated myself to another Costco purchase...I had been eyeballing the Cuisinart Gelateria and hmmm it suddenly went on sale, too, for only $69.99! I can now make my OWN "Sugar Free Sorbet" with fresh fruits and juices. Yayyyy! Yes! I want to be alive and healthy so I can have more time with my grandchildren! Do a 90 Day Challenge if the shoe fits :love:
  • Wytcher9
    Wytcher9 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Let's all agree that I'm 45 years old and will be for several more years. I work for global software company where I sit all day staring at a screen. I've lost and gained weight over the years; nothing sticking.

I'm finally committed to a life style change rather than another diet. I also decided to publish a murder mystery novel so any angst that would have translated into emotional eating is now redirected into my writing. So far, mixing paleo inspired, lacto-ovum vegetarian primarily and raw vegan recipes are resulting in losing weight without starving myself. Key has been to not deprive myself which reduces urge to binge. So no guilt when I enjoyed Godiva dark chocolate bar as afternoon snack.

I'm trying not to weigh myself every day. I keep scale out in the hallway and schedule a weekly check. Trust me - I can get OCD about tracking weight so important to reduce focus on numbers.

Looking forward to sharing this adventure with y'all!
  • salenaii
    salenaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have recipes that are low carb for deserts you use 1 carton heavy whipping cream and 1 package of suger free jello or pudding mix till firm like a mousse it's amazing and suger free :) I have a sweet tooth also split this up to a cup a day it helps ;)
  • pinkys008
    pinkys008 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Today must be start again day. Me too!
    I'm also a 40 something with a sedentary job, and a grown/gone child. I just rolled over the 200 mark, and had to replace my pants with size 18s. Both much bigger than I have ever been.
    I am getting some support from home, in that the guy (who is also head cook, lucky me!) is watching my food log, and learning to cook more appropriately.
    The unfortunate thing about that is that my favorite of his cooking is his wonderful creamy cheesy alfredo.

Paired up with my fitbit, and just did a few stairs, hoping to bring the adjustment to a positive number. Not yet, but maybe later today (:

Please feel free to add me
  • CassarahW
    CassarahW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot! I'm in the midst of raising kids (ages 14, 11, 8, 6, and 2 and potentially another one) and am working on making sure I'm still working on me. I'll definitely shoot you a request. :)
  • momrox2011
    momrox2011 Posts: 15 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies, warm welcome and friend requests. I am so looking forward to sharing tips, recipes, support and motivation with you all! (And some laughs along the way too).
  • JazzNFotos
    JazzNFotos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and starting over again here at MFP. I am halfway there. Looking for positive non Food Nazi friends. I comment and support. You may see my profile and please send a message with FR. Thanks!