chest building help

Options
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get rid of my pigeon chest it is a deformation of the middle of the chest and Ithink iI need to have a lateral workout as well as chest any help on building my upper torso well help thanks

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Any standard, full-body strength program will work your chest well. It's not good to just work chest & shoulders - you want to keep things balanced. Check out the Stronglifts program. You can add a couple extra sets for chest if you wish, but don't do too much.
    Also get into a slight calorie surplus to support growth. :+1:
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    sypherd98 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get rid of my pigeon chest it is a deformation of the middle of the chest and Ithink iI need to have a lateral workout as well as chest any help on building my upper torso well help thanks

I would suggest you focus on widening your chest and definitely working the upper with incline work BUT your condition is cartilage and bone...there probably is no exercise to actually fix it.
  • sypherd98
    sypherd98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much I will try widening
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If you are not intending to powerlift, then go flat back. Take your shoulders and triceps out as much as you can, and mind/muscle the pec through the full contraction.

Otherwise, db presses are nice builders and volume. Lots of volume and progressive resistance.
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Agreed. High volume is key. Work your chest daily, but with different movements.