Anyone else working around anxiety and/or depression?

Options
kiela64
kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
I find it's an extra challenge for me, making progress & dealing with perceived "failures". I can feel overwhelmed easily, and feeling not great can try to persuade me back into old eating habits.

Replies

• princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Me! It's hard and there will be tough times but just gotta keep plugging on. You got this! Feel free to friend me.
  • hellosaveria
    hellosaveria Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way sometimes. I make one little mistake and then I'm ready to give up because I feel like a failure. Lately it hasn't been effecting me as much this "time around", but I definitely know your struggle feel free to add me and chit chat whenever you're feeling down or whenever for that matter
  • BrittanyMackenzie5
    Options
    I have severe depression and ptsd, I find running helps me clear my mind.. I find the heavier I get the more down i become...
    When I'm down I also eat bad foods but in the end it will always bite you in the *kitten*... Push threw in the moment! My oil thank yourself for it in the long run!
  • maemae915
    maemae915 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This was so helpful! Thanks for the encouragement. Add me
  • richardbaechle
    richardbaechle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get it you, I to suffer from severe depression and PTSD. Don't let your mind control you, the mind is weak and says "I cant" but the body is resilient push through to your goals were here to help.
  • reneeanntorres
    reneeanntorres Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have anxiety and bouts of depression. I've just started eating healthy & exercising. It really helps me from feeling sluggish & grabbing more coffee (which makes my anxiety worse). I've found fellow mfp members are really supportive & offer advice & positive words! Anyone here feel free to add me!
  • turboscrub
    turboscrub Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I suffer from anxiety, panic attacks, depression and all that fun stuff. I only just recently started this whole diet/exercise thingy, so it's been a bit of a struggle to find a balance, between mental well-being and physical well-being. What's really helped is that my daily walks to watch the sun rise over the hills is actually pretty calm, relaxing and rewarding, at the same time. Anyone who knows that struggle, feel free to add me!
  • micky_83
    micky_83 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have been suffering from the physical symptoms of anxiety for a couple of years...sharp pains in chest and arms which feels like you are having a heart attack! Pins and needles in fingers and sore wrists, palpatations, breathlessness etc etc. Its horrible! Its been really surprising to learn that anxiety can have such an effect on my body. History of depression in my family so I often have bouts of feeling very low. Have gained alot of weight in the past few years and have gotten back on MFP as I am determined to get back to a healthier me. When I was physically healthier and slimmer in the past my anxiety and depression where almost non existant. Its obvious that healthy mind and healthy body go hand in hand. On a positive note, its encouraging to read how others on here are so supportive and understanding.