10 months, 50 pounds down, so happy!

Options
Armatar
Armatar Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2015 in Success Stories
Sept 8, 2014: At 52 and weighing 230lbs, I was very uncomfortable with myself and highly conscious of the belly fat. One day when I got out of breath and panting just leaning down to tie my shoelaces, I realized I had to do something about it. Started tracking calories 9/8/14 and gym 9/22/14, I decided to see if I could make it a lifestyle change, instead of just slogging away at the gym. So I set an arbitrary goal of 1.5 pounds a week, got MyFitnessPal tracking app and MapMyRun, and started 6 days a week, alternating a treadmill routine with strength training. It was hard at first, 30 minutes on the fat burner program, and building up. Ten months later, I can run 4 miles in under 40 minutes, and enjoy the hell out of it. I'm at 179 lbs today, and cannot believe my progress. So happy I did this!
I hope this helps somebody.

Replies

• fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I fell off the wagon shortly after you started, so your story is extra inspirational for me. :)
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Well Done!
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • rdtaylor1928
    rdtaylor1928 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am 43 and 220. I have been down to 180 in the past and would like to be there again. Any suggestions on how you made it work would be great. I have to get to a weight that feels good again. I just started tracking calories and doing P90.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great job! So nice to hear of others' successes.
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you!! I am usually J of people who lose weight and start running :p
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!