Skinny Teatox - Has Anyone Tried it?

Options
Hi all! I recently purchased the 28-Day Skinny Teatox online as a detox tea plan, complete with two different teas: One for the morning to boost metabolism, and one for the nighttime to help the bowel movements haha. I did my research and found some good reviews about it, but I'm still pretty hesitant to start it. Has anyone here tried it or have had friends try it? What do/did you think?Thanks for your input! ❤️❤️

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It's laxative abuse for weight loss, dressed up in a pretty box. There is no 'detox' that your liver and kidneys don't do. It's yet another rip-off weight loss scam.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    No.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    ahno.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    The name alone tells me you just threw your money away on snake oil.
  • KaneNLN
    KaneNLN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wasted your money and bought into a starvation scheme where you will poo everything out, you're not being educated on how to lose weight or live a healthy lifestyle, once you go back to eating normally you'll apply the weight back on.

Please research on here and IIFYM approach to your diet and stop drinking this tea immediately
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If weight loss were as easy as drinking some magic tea, we would not have an obesity epidemic. Sorry, there are no metabolism boosters and no "detoxes." Throw it away.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I recently purchased the 28-Day Skinny Teatox online as a detox tea plan, complete with two different teas: One for the morning to boost metabolism, and one for the nighttime to help the bowel movements haha. I did my research and found some good reviews about it, but I'm still pretty hesitant to start it. Has anyone here tried it or have had friends try it? What do/did you think?Thanks for your input! ❤️❤️

Whereabouts did you research this? There's no such thing as a detox. It won't boost your metabolism. It's just laxatives.

And FYI it may impact the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill (due to the laxative effect). So yeah, roll the dice if you want but it's worthless.
  • rigby619
    rigby619 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i have the BooTea which is very similar! It's brilliant, I have used both together before but now just have the morning one. It suppresses appetite and it isn't bad tasting!

It makes such a difference, I usually do it for a week if I have a night out or something makes me feel less bloated! I wouldn't rely on it or use it for more than a week but it is a great feel good.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is a laxative.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    You have been scammed.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Don't know what's in the laxative tea, but if it's senna, then watch the consumption, because stimulant laxatives can create bowel problems with long-term use. read: you'll never poop on your own again.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Based on there website, it is a laxative, it can be toxic, and since you are barely 18, it might also be very dangerous for you. Return it.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Please be careful. I've read some horror stories about people who've taken these teas and had really bad reactions to them. To the point where they got severe cramps, diarrhea, and even vomiting. It seems some people are super sensitive to the senna and whatever else is in those teas. A while ago I tried a similar product and it was just a bad idea. Really. Overpriced laxative that you would never buy again. They don't detox because as people have advised, there is no such thing. You're saving yourself A LOT of time and hassle and possibly pain if you follow the advice here. Please, stick to the safe way to be fit and healthy. If anything, just drink a lot of good ol' WATER.
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It's a laxative. There is no need to detox as your body does it naturally. Eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water and voila! Same effects in a health and manageable way.